There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers' Director of Player Personnel rumored for several GM openings

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,321
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.

If Dave Caldwell is hired as the Jaguars GM (as expected), I think Greg Roman goes there.

Yea I think that is likeliest scenario. Would be interesting too see MJD fill the role of Gore, Blackmon as Crabtree, maybe use Henne in Smith-like role while they groom Tyler Wilson a la Kaepernick. I hesitate to call Mercedes Lewis a poor man's Vernon Davis because has been terrible ever since that one monster year with 10 TDs but maybe they break they bank for Cook if he makes it to the open market or draft a TE in the 3rd.

Dream beginning to Gamble's or Caldwell's era in JAX would be to bag Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones in the 1st, Tyler Wilson in the 2nd, and a player like OL Kyle Long in the 3rd.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.

If Dave Caldwell is hired as the Jaguars GM (as expected), I think Greg Roman goes there.

Yea I think that is likeliest scenario. Would be interesting too see MJD fill the role of Gore, Blackmon as Crabtree, maybe use Henne in Smith-like role while they groom Tyler Wilson a la Kaepernick. I hesitate to call Mercedes Lewis a poor man's Vernon Davis because has been terrible ever since that one monster year with 10 TDs but maybe they break they bank for Cook if he makes it to the open market or draft a TE in the 3rd.

Dream beginning to Gamble's or Caldwell's era in JAX would be to bag Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones in the 1st, Tyler Wilson in the 2nd, and a player like OL Kyle Long in the 3rd.

They might also throw Tebowmania into the mix?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,321
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.

If Dave Caldwell is hired as the Jaguars GM (as expected), I think Greg Roman goes there.

Yea I think that is likeliest scenario. Would be interesting too see MJD fill the role of Gore, Blackmon as Crabtree, maybe use Henne in Smith-like role while they groom Tyler Wilson a la Kaepernick. I hesitate to call Mercedes Lewis a poor man's Vernon Davis because has been terrible ever since that one monster year with 10 TDs but maybe they break they bank for Cook if he makes it to the open market or draft a TE in the 3rd.

Dream beginning to Gamble's or Caldwell's era in JAX would be to bag Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones in the 1st, Tyler Wilson in the 2nd, and a player like OL Kyle Long in the 3rd.

They might also throw Tebowmania into the mix?

I know right. Jacksonville is going to be nuts if Tebow goes there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,342
So is Gamble out of the running for the Jets job?
Originally posted by Jcool:
So is Gamble out of the running for the Jets job?


At this point, who knows?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,342
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Jcool:
So is Gamble out of the running for the Jets job?


At this point, who knows?

Sal Paolantonio said on Sports Center he left without the job and didn't have him on the GM list.
@AdamSchefter: Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell is scheduled to interview today a second time with the NY Jets for their GM job.

@AlbertBreer: Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell has a second interview with the Jets today. Has already had 3 interviews with the Jaguars.

@AlbertBreer: Caldwell is believed to be the first Jets GM candidate to interview a second time. He and AZ's Steve Keim are the final two in Jax.

@AlbertBreer: The Jets' interview with David Caldwell will take place in Jersey. Very possible he could wind having to choose b/w Jax and NYJ GM jobs.

@AlbertBreer: Word is that Caldwell is atop the Jets' GM candidate list, but they're not married to the idea. And there are a couple other guys they like.
I think Dave Caldwell takes the Jaguars GM job and Steve Keim is in contract talks to take the Cardinals GM job.
I think Caldwell will be the Jets new GM
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think Caldwell will be the Jets new GM

Ok, but he's had 3 interviews with the Jaguars. I would think that's a good sign?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,342
New York Jets: 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble was believed to be the leading candidate, but some say his interview didn't go well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/the-coaching-vacancy-update/
Originally posted by Jcool:
New York Jets: 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble was believed to be the leading candidate, but some say his interview didn't go well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/the-coaching-vacancy-update/

I just posted that in the other thread.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,321
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Jcool:
New York Jets: 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble was believed to be the leading candidate, but some say his interview didn't go well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/the-coaching-vacancy-update/

I just posted that in the other thread.

He probably said he wants to fire Rex right now lol

ESPN just aired a segment called "Jets season struggles" and they posted a graphic of GM candidates and Gamble's name was NOT on the list. lolz.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM ]
@JasonLaCanfora: With SF's Tom Gamble's star not as bright with the Jets right now, hearing NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,321
Originally posted by PTulini:
@JasonLaCanfora: With SF's Tom Gamble's star not as bright with the Jets right now, hearing NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support.

Scott Cohen in NYJ. Hope he has a Baalke-like rise in the organization?

David Caldwell to JAX. The ATL to Jacksonville pipeline again but hopefully Caldwell isn't the Mike Mularkey of coaches?

Tom Gamble to SD. Dark horse destination but I could see it working if the ownership changes their approach to a York-esque "we'll get the f**k out of the way while you build a winning team" like they did with Harbaugh & Baalke.

Maybe this is how it'll shake out? Gamble's original SD interview was rescheduled for personal reasons, not because of his "likelihood" to land NYJ job unlike the Jags who he intentionally turned down to focus on NYJ.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM ]