There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Luck or Kaepernick?

Luck or Kaepernick?

It's difficult to address such a question. Luck was in the limelight at Stanford, Kaep was not under the media glare at Nevada. Winning Super Bowls is the final judgment. In the brief time Kaep has been the starting QB his multidimensional play is something rarely seen.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
I love me some Kaep but I'd go with Luck just because of the pure awesomeness of Stanford coach and QB reuniting in the NFL.

Imagine if Harbaugh had Kap at Stanford
Luckernip
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Luckernip

sounds kinda dirty...........
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Short term, Luck may be better. Long term Kaepernick will definitely be better. Yeah, I'm a 49er fan, but I'm also an objective realist.

It's actually the exact opposite of this. Luck's style of play has much longer longevity. Kaepernick is going to have to adjust as he loses the ability to run past people. Playing from inside the pocket EVERY play is very different than what Kaep is doing.

Luck is the truth.
I have a feeling if we win Sunday and Kaep shows out, this poll will shift to Kaep for sure
Originally posted by spizzy:
I have a feeling if we win Sunday and Kaep shows out, this poll will shift to Kaep for sure

Well, it's also got some catching up to do
Bump
Originally posted by Furlow:
Short term, Luck may be better. Long term Kaepernick will definitely be better. Yeah, I'm a 49er fan, but I'm also an objective realist.

It's actually the exact opposite of this. Luck's style of play has much longer longevity. Kaepernick is going to have to adjust as he loses the ability to run past people. Playing from inside the pocket EVERY play is very different than what Kaep is doing.

Luck is the truth.

Any 49er fan who acts like Kaepernick only relies on running by defenders should be ashamed of themselves. The guy would still be a legitimate top-flight QB if he never ran beyond the line of scrimmage again.

Andrew Luck is the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type pocket passer, which is great. But Kaepernick cannot even be compared to anyone because he has been a superior passer to any running QB and obviously a superior runner to any pure passer. He can actually do both. He is a pure passer with the ability to run, not the other way around. If you don't agree with this, you might want to rewatch the games, minus the Packers game, which is really the only game that his legs took over.
Originally posted by Empire49:

Luck is the truth.

Any 49er fan who acts like Kaepernick only relies on running by defenders should be ashamed of themselves. The guy would still be a legitimate top-flight QB if he never ran beyond the line of scrimmage again.

Andrew Luck is the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type pocket passer, which is great. But Kaepernick cannot even be compared to anyone because he has been a superior passer to any running QB and obviously a superior runner to any pure passer. He can actually do both. He is a pure passer with the ability to run, not the other way around. If you don't agree with this, you might want to rewatch the games, minus the Packers game, which is really the only game that his legs took over.
Any fan who thinks that Kaepernick plays from the pocket is dreaming. I understand he's not a run first QB, but just the threat of his speed allows him to do things that other QB's can't. Once that ability diminishes, then we'll know how good he can be long term.

What we already know is Luck plays from the pocket and is a genius at it. He will be great for another 15 years. I would trade Kaepernick and Patrick Willis for Luck right now.
Any fan who thinks that Kaepernick plays from the pocket is dreaming. I understand he's not a run first QB, but just the threat of his speed allows him to do things that other QB's can't. Once that ability diminishes, then we'll know how good he can be long term.

What we already know is Luck plays from the pocket and is a genius at it. He will be great for another 15 years. I would trade Kaepernick and Patrick Willis for Luck right now.

Good thing you are not the GM. LOL.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:

True!

False! I was feeling it on the bold parts of your comments, but got side swiped on the Kaep/Willis trade. Don't get me wrong, I like Luck and was frustrated by knowing we weren't gonna get him in the draft. Kaep has erased those frustrations for me AND, I wouldn't trade Willis for Kaep or Luck!

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Good thing you are not the GM. LOL.

True!
I like Luck's style of play a bit more right now, but if the question is which QB I want on my team? Give me Kaep. The league speed and lack of defensive discipline is such that I couldn't pass on that crazy backyard ballin' style that Kaep can provide.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM ]
kaepernick cuz he's more handsome :DD
Not that jim harbaugh would ever say. But I would love to hear his take on this question. I suspect he would pick kaepernick, but who am I to speak for coach?