
meh
There are 671 users in the forums

Originally posted by StOnEy333:ha ha, I think another reason we hold onto to african-american has something to do with our last names, most other cultures have last names that can be traced back to their heritage, I"m sure most of the people on the webzone have last names that can be classified as, welch, french, german, scottish, mexican etc etc and so on and so forth, most black people have common last names, my last name is Jones lol, I can't trace that back to anything in the mother land, so we have to have some sort of link to our past
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by tankle104:
that is just something trying to figure out how many of what ethnicity there is. i think it would be a bigger problem if it said
list your ethnicity:
1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black
lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not
We (black folk) would only have a problem if we are the only COLOR listed on there, if it read
white
yellow
brown
black
then we wouldn't have a problem
So if we aren't going to say Black, and we aren't going to use the hyphenated African-American, what description should people use?
If everyone is being classified by skin color then say black, but if we're going off race or ethnicity then the best way would be african-american which points to our african heritage, do white people prefer white or caucasian?
I don't know. I'm a half breed.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
what is "the cause" ?
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
what is "the cause" ?
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People = "Advancement of Colored People" = "The Cause"?
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
what is "the cause" ?
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People = "Advancement of Colored People" = "The Cause"?
you sir are correct

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
what is "the cause" ?
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People = "Advancement of Colored People" = "The Cause"?
you sir are correct
Is RGIII holding the black man down?
Or did he say it bc he has a white girl friend?
Originally posted by kemp_j:
RGIII is paid to play football; IMO his political party shouldn't matter because it has nothing to do with football.
Just like it shouldn't matter that I'm a Democrat, but I'm sure some zoners are wondering........
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
meh
da fuk is that?
Or what if you're Jamaican? You're not African, but possibly blackOriginally posted by SaksV:Originally posted by tankle104:that is just something trying to figure out how many of what ethnicity there is. i think it would be a bigger problem if it said
list your ethnicity:
1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black
lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not.
lol I guess that would work if African-American actually described skin color but there are "white" Africans, "brown" Africans and "black" Africans. Africa is a nation (even that is a misnomer because Africa is a continent just like Europe so where is European-American???) therefore African is a nationality which makes African-American kind of a double lol
None of this stuff bothers me much, lol I'm Black-Canadian
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
RGIII is paid to play football; IMO his political party shouldn't matter because it has nothing to do with football.
Just like it shouldn't matter that I'm a Democrat, but I'm sure some zoners are wondering........
thanks for helping to ruin the country
Go 9ers!!!!
Jason McIntyre @TheBigLead
Earlier, sources in Bristol told me it's 75/25 right now that Rob Parker will be fired http://is.gd/QDK73I
Richard Deitsch @richarddeitsch
ESPN has suspended Rob Parker for 30 days for his RGIII comments.