There are 172 users in the forums

Are there any "Cornball Brothers" on the Webzone?

Shop 49ers game tickets

meh
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by tankle104:
that is just something trying to figure out how many of what ethnicity there is. i think it would be a bigger problem if it said

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not

We (black folk) would only have a problem if we are the only COLOR listed on there, if it read
white
yellow
brown
black
then we wouldn't have a problem

So if we aren't going to say Black, and we aren't going to use the hyphenated African-American, what description should people use?

If everyone is being classified by skin color then say black, but if we're going off race or ethnicity then the best way would be african-american which points to our african heritage, do white people prefer white or caucasian?

I don't know. I'm a half breed.
ha ha, I think another reason we hold onto to african-american has something to do with our last names, most other cultures have last names that can be traced back to their heritage, I"m sure most of the people on the webzone have last names that can be classified as, welch, french, german, scottish, mexican etc etc and so on and so forth, most black people have common last names, my last name is Jones lol, I can't trace that back to anything in the mother land, so we have to have some sort of link to our past
[ Edited by 228niner on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM ]
what is "the cause" ?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
what is "the cause" ?

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People = "Advancement of Colored People" = "The Cause"?
Originally posted by Niner3030:
what is "the cause" ?

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People = "Advancement of Colored People" = "The Cause"?

you sir are correct
what is "the cause" ?

you sir are correct

Is RGIII holding the black man down?

Or did he say it bc he has a white girl friend?
what is "the cause" ?

you sir are correct

Is RGIII holding the black man down?

Or did he say it bc he has a white girl friend?

neither, he was just basically saying RG3 is trying to distance himself from being labeled as a "black qb"
Originally posted by kemp_j:
RGIII is paid to play football; IMO his political party shouldn't matter because it has nothing to do with football.

Just like it shouldn't matter that I'm a Democrat, but I'm sure some zoners are wondering........

thanks for helping to ruin the country
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

meh

da fuk is that?

Her face looks all beat up like a prizefighter

Too many epic bouts with the python that is RGIII's massive dong in her face
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by tankle104:
that is just something trying to figure out how many of what ethnicity there is. i think it would be a bigger problem if it said

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not.

lol I guess that would work if African-American actually described skin color but there are "white" Africans, "brown" Africans and "black" Africans. Africa is a nation (even that is a misnomer because Africa is a continent just like Europe so where is European-American???) therefore African is a nationality which makes African-American kind of a double lol

None of this stuff bothers me much, lol I'm Black-Canadian
Or what if you're Jamaican? You're not African, but possibly black

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
RGIII is paid to play football; IMO his political party shouldn't matter because it has nothing to do with football.

Just like it shouldn't matter that I'm a Democrat, but I'm sure some zoners are wondering........

thanks for helping to ruin the country

Your welcome Go 9ers!!!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead

Earlier, sources in Bristol told me it's 75/25 right now that Rob Parker will be fired http://is.gd/QDK73I
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/december/rob-parker-finally-apologizes-for-controversial-rgiii-comments.html
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch

ESPN has suspended Rob Parker for 30 days for his RGIII comments.
Share 49ersWebzone