LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Are there any "Cornball Brothers" on the Webzone?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when keeping it real, goes wrong.

" Nah f**k that, I don't like people playin on my phone!"

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
that is just something trying to figure out how many of what ethnicity there is. i think it would be a bigger problem if it said

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not.

lol I guess that would work if African-American actually described skin color but there are "white" Africans, "brown" Africans and "black" Africans. Africa is a nation (even that is a misnomer because Africa is a continent just like Europe so where is European-American???) therefore African is a nationality which makes African-American kind of a double lol

None of this stuff bothers me much, lol I'm Black-Canadian
[ Edited by SaksV on Dec 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM ]
that is just something trying to figure out how many of what ethnicity there is. i think it would be a bigger problem if it said

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not

We (black folk) would only have a problem if we are the only COLOR listed on there, if it read
white
yellow
brown
black
then we wouldn't have a problem
[ Edited by 228niner on Dec 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
Can you imagine if a white analyst said this about a black athlete?

It's happened several times actually. Rush Limbaugh on ESPN.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think the problem people have with RGIII isn't because he has a white girlfriend or that he's a Republican, it's that he made a statement where he essentially said he didn't want to be identified as black, a statement that Tiger made long ago as well and it was taken as an affront.

To be clear, I don't know anything about him, nor do I really care. I do get surprised when I see black people who are Republicans though.
LOL

sounds like he is saying he isn't "black" enough.

what a retard
Originally posted by 228niner:

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

lol i think black people would prefer it to be listed as african-american when describing their skin color.. doesnt change the fact if they are american or not

We (black folk) would only have a problem if we are the only COLOR listed on there, if it read
white
yellow
brown
black

So if we aren't going to say Black, and we aren't going to use the hyphenated African-American, what description should people use?
He's going to get the michael Jackson treatment soon so he won't have to be identified as black.

Black republican !!!! Just stfu rg3 and play football.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

white
yellow
brown
black

So if we aren't going to say Black, and we aren't going to use the hyphenated African-American, what description should people use?

If everyone is being classified by skin color then say black, but if we're going off race or ethnicity then the best way would be african-american which points to our african heritage, do white people prefer white or caucasian?

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

white
yellow
brown
black

If everyone is being classified by skin color then say black, but if we're going off race or ethnicity then the best way would be african-american which points to our african heritage, do white people prefer white or caucasian?

i have always been partial to honky, but that is just me

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

white
yellow
brown
black

Its just that 'African-American' makes no sense. Its politically correct BS. Charlize Theron is an African-American.

Theres nothing wrong with the term white or black. Most black people are 6-8 generations removed from coming over from Africa, and even the black American culture is totally different from the African culture. Im a mix of Dutch, English, German, Irish, and French, and even had a generation as recent as great great grandparents who came from Holland to America, and I dont consider my self European in any way. So European-American would make no sense.

I dont see why we all cant just be called just "Americans". Black people have lived here for over 200 years, and fought and died for this country in war. I think they should insist on just being called Americans first, and black as a race.
Originally posted by Niners99:

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

white
yellow
brown
black

Its just that 'African-American' makes no sense. Its politically correct BS. Charlize Theron is an African-American.

Theres nothing wrong with the term white or black. Most black people are 6-8 generations removed from coming over from Africa, and even the black American culture is totally different from the African culture. Im a mix of Dutch, English, German, Irish, and French, and even had a generation as recent as great great grandparents who came from Holland to America, and I dont consider my self European in any way. So European-American would make no sense.

I dont see why we all cant just be called just "Americans". Black people have lived here for over 200 years, and fought and died for this country in war. I think they should insist on just being called Americans first, and black as a race.

Being an american will always come 1st because that's what we are and where we were born, african-american is just a link to the past and is a defense mechanism that was created to give another term to identify us because we in the PAST we were called other things that were not so nice
Wow this whole thread and what that idiot said is just retarded.
RGIII is paid to play football; IMO his political party shouldn't matter because it has nothing to do with football.

Just like it shouldn't matter that I'm a Democrat, but I'm sure some zoners are wondering........

list your ethnicity:

1. caucasion
2. asian
3. hispanic
4. black

white
yellow
brown
black

I don't know. I'm a half breed.
Share 49ersWebzone