LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Are there any "Cornball Brothers" on the Webzone?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Black dude here with a white girlfriend and a full time govt job, part time Oregon State student... T-t-t-totally duuuude.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

She's cute.

Bad dress though.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by crzy:
Everyone knows that RG3 is another Tiger Woods / Carlton

But that's not some s**t you should say on national television.

Woah

I'm not saying its a bad thing but it's true.

There are different types of people and personalities.

And black people in this country have serious racial identity issues that they're still trying to sort out.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Woah

I'm not saying its a bad thing but it's true.

There are different types of people and personalities.

And black people in this country have serious racial identity issues that they're still trying to sort out.

why? do you know RG3, or like Parker is that just your perception of it?

and we agree on your last sentence, and it ain't just black people FWIW
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by jrg:
Heard this earlier today on 101 ESPN.

Amazing. Reverse racist a*****e, but I guess that's ok.

explain the term reverse racism to me---isnt what rob parker is doing just racism? reverse racism implies blacks cannot be racist...

i guess i am a cornball too because my wife is white
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 14, 2012 at 9:02 AM ]
i heard parker also took on griffith because he is a republican

one analyst i heard said he thinks that parker, like the guy that wrote about kaerpnick's tatoos, was just tring to wrote something that would stir up interest
  • dj43
Yahoo report has a bit more detail. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-espn-rob-parker-says-ridiculous-things-rg3-195448822--nfl.html

If we are ever to get past racism in America, or any country, we need to quit using hyphens in describing people. In speech, in writing, whatever. That is what RGIII said about himself. He views himself as an American, not an AFRICAN-American. It is people like Parker who are their own worst enemy. RGIII is a bright, articulate guy who should be viewed as a role model for ALL Americans, not just a particular color of ethnicity. Parker's comments about black people are very DISempowering. By emphasizing race over all else, he is sending a message that blacks are inferior and are being held back by their ethnicity. It is people like Parker that are doing more to keep race at the center of the conversation than any thing else.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

came in here to post the cornballer. u beat me to it. Frito Bandito.

Originally posted by dcsham:

She's cute.

Bad dress though.

Big tittays.
I'm from S.E. Wash D.C. and I can tell you this:
RGIII is no cornball. He just gets it.
He has money to make in a short ten to thirteen year window or less and is projecting the most marketable image.
There is nothing wrong there, even if that is in fact who "he" is.
That dude needs to stop perpetuating that trash and let a young ninja get his paper from everyone.
Plenty of "Brothers" who he was referring to that date outside their race. Listen to any rap artist outside of conscience hip-hop and that's all they talk about. Are they cornball brothers?

Totally. He was same way down here at Baylor, too.

Carlton/Woods makes me think of the goofy sweater-vest-wearing type. Is that what being "cornball" means? Or is it more akin to saying someone isn't "black enough"?
Originally posted by Overkill:

Carlton/Woods makes me think of the goofy sweater-vest-wearing type. Is that what being "cornball" means? Or is it more akin to saying someone isn't "black enough"?

Basically. It's a distasteful way to describe someone. I don't agree with it, but I understand the context of the statement.

I'm grew up a black kid from the warzone called East Oakland. Far from a cornball, but not thuggin in the least. I witnessed how the crack game ripped thru the city and made it a more dangerous place than it had ever been. I'm 36 years old now, living in the burbs. Like RGIII, I just so happened to see life differently, mainly because my parents pushed me in that direction. His parents had a military background which might have made a difference in his upbringing. My parents grew up during a time in which the black community was attempting to unify and gain civil rights. (MLK, Malcolm X, the Black Panther Party, etc) Hence, if you were a Black person that didn't conform to the united effort during these times, you were commonly seen as a "sell-out". On most occasions, these "Sell-outs" gave birth to so-called cornballs in the 80's and 90's. These cornball/Carlton types were ridiculed by Black kids for not being black enough, and also, were poked at by kids of other nationalities for the same reasons. As crzy said, the Identity issues are endless.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Dec 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Basically. It's a distasteful way to describe someone. I don't agree with it, but I understand the context of the statement.

I'm grew up a black kid from the warzone called East Oakland. Far from a cornball, but not thuggin in the least. Witnessed how the crack game and dangers of living there first hand for many years. 36 years old now living in the burbs. Like RGIII, I just so happened to see life differently. His parents had a military background which might have made a difference in his upbringing. My parents grew up during a time in which the black community was attempting to unify and gain civil rights. (MLK, Malcolm X, the Black Panther Party, etc) Hence, if you were a Black person that didn't conform to the united effort during these times, you were seen as a sell-out. On most occasions, these "Sell-outs" gave birth to so-called cornballs in the 80's and 90's. These cornball/Carlton types were ridiculed by Black kids for not being black enough, and also, were poked at by kids of our nationalities because for the same reasons. As crzy said, the Identity issues are endless.

Thanks, man. Great explanation.
Share 49ersWebzone