There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

Best coach out there is whisnehunt, who is just needs more to work with. The one coach I would not touch with a ten foot pole is Nervous Norv. If he happens to land an OC somewhere ( I hope not) those fans are going to see an OC half coaching, the other half looking for a HC slot. He is a fair OC, and a crappy HC. If Wade Phillips moves from DC to HC(which I don't think he will do), he will be making yet another colossal mistake. He is a great DC(wish we had him), not HC type guy.
Andy Reid....somebody already said, "Take a yr off" He needs it.
@caplannfl (Adam Caplan): Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

@AlbertBreer: Word is Jimmy Haslam is ready to spend big, if that's what's needed to get the coach he wants to Cleveland.
Originally posted by PTulini:
@caplannfl (Adam Caplan): Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

@AlbertBreer: Word is Jimmy Haslam is ready to spend big, if that's what's needed to get the coach he wants to Cleveland.

they better get some speed on that offense
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/report-six-candidates-on-eagles-list/

The candidates are, per Eskin, Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, and Oregon coach Chip Kelly.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by PTulini:

they better get some speed on that offense

Gordon runs a sub 4.5 if not a 4.4

Benjamin runs a sub 4.4

There TEs are fairly athletic and not particularly slow.

Kelly and the Bellotti ran that offense with LeGarrette Blount just fine, hell he could draft Kenjon Barner or Giovanni Bernard and be perfect with either of them and Richardson.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/bidwell-says-cardinals-will-interview-andy-reid/

If they could somehow keep Horton, then Reid could work some magic with Kolb. Still need an offensive line.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Add the Eagles as team asking for permission to interview Roman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/report-six-candidates-on-eagles-list/
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Lovie Smith plans to coach in 2013 and is very interested in vacancies in Arizona and Buffalo. Both the Cardinals and Bills have legitimate defensive talent already in place, making them a natural fit with Smith's sensibilities.
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 31, 2012 at 6:06 PM ]
any news or rumors on John Gruden or Bill Cowher?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
any news or rumors on John Gruden or Bill Cowher?

some ridiculous SI rumors of Gruden going to SD but nothing even partly serious enough to serious push as "news"
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I wonder if Cowher or any of the other coaches (like Dungy, even Billick etc) will coach again? I still really think that Reid needs a year off, but maybe just a fresh start in general will help him tremendously. Still calling for Lovie Smith to go to Buffalo
Heard several people say Lovie Smith didnt deserve to be fired. Haven't they only been to the playoffs once in the past 6 years?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
He missed the playoffs 5 of the past 6 years, and lots of criticism on him for not sticking much with an offensive coordinator
Originally posted by Paul:
He missed the playoffs 5 of the past 6 years, and lots of criticism on him for not sticking much with an offensive coordinator

Yet people don't think he deserved to be fired. I dont get it.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Heard several people say Lovie Smith didnt deserve to be fired. Haven't they only been to the playoffs once in the past 6 years?

he is going to get a lot of interviews

only black coach out there