• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Ken Whisenhunt fired

and GM Rod Graves.
  • Sulla
  • Veteran
Both Ken and Graves axed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120412/article/cardinals-fire-ken-whisenhunt-gm-rod-graves

I thought Whisenhunt was a classy coach, but he just could never get the Cardinals firing on all cylinders and the gaping hole that remained at QB after Warner retired. I'm sure he'll be a good OC wherever he goes. Best of luck to him.
I thought Arizona's coach was good. The problem was not finding a QB. 7 head coaches fired already. Wow.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
I thought Arizona's coach was good. The problem was not finding a QB. 7 head coaches fired already. Wow.

Whiz is a good coordinator, he lacks authority IMHO. How you you stand by for 4 years and let your GM(who reportedly had the most say in the QB position. Since Warner its been DAnderson a bust, John Skelton a 5th round FCS pick, Max Hall a UDFA from BYU, trades a way the farm for a terrible QB and switches back to his his 5th round FCS pick, Ryan Lindley a 6th round WAC pick, and Brian Hoyer a 3 year backup who wasn't on an NFL roster for the first 10 weeks of the season) undermine your team and keep you from succeeding. Put an Alex Smith/Chad Henne/Matt Moore or something of the like on that roster and they'd be in our same situation, contending for at minimum the NFC West title. Their defense is promising, look for DC Ray Horton to be the likeliest HC for them unless the new GM absolutely has to have his own guy.

Whoever lands Ray Horton as HC is going to be lucky as hell, especially if he just stays away from offense and hires a great OC.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Ken Whisenhunt fired

He won't be unemployed long.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by luis1985:

Whiz is a good coordinator, he lacks authority IMHO. How you you stand by for 4 years and let your GM(who reportedly had the most say in the QB position. Since Warner its been DAnderson a bust, John Skelton a 5th round FCS pick, Max Hall a UDFA from BYU, trades a way the farm for a terrible QB and switches back to his his 5th round FCS pick, Ryan Lindley a 6th round WAC pick, and Brian Hoyer a 3 year backup who wasn't on an NFL roster for the first 10 weeks of the season) undermine your team and keep you from succeeding. Put an Alex Smith/Chad Henne/Matt Moore or something of the like on that roster and they'd be in our same situation, contending for at minimum the NFC West title. Their defense is promising, look for DC Ray Horton to be the likeliest HC for them unless the new GM absolutely has to have his own guy.

Whoever lands Ray Horton as HC is going to be lucky as hell, especially if he just stays away from offense and hires a great OC.

I wouldn't mind stealing Ray Horton as DC.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I wouldn't mind stealing Ray Horton as DC.

in our dreams.....s**t we could only hope. Imagine if Bowman could have Daryl Washington like year, lead his team in tackles, handful of INTs, 6+ sacks. It would definitely mean more creative pass rushes and same man to man coverage on the back end.
Jesus Christ everybody is getting whacked today
Black Monday hit hard
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-assistants-can-interview-head-coaching-jobs-week

During the bye week our assistants, as well as the other #1s and #2 from the AFC are eligible to interview for openings. Should be an interesting week to see if Seely and Roman generate the same interest as last year.
Originally posted by sfout:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-assistants-can-interview-head-coaching-jobs-week

During the bye week our assistants, as well as the other #1s and #2 from the AFC are eligible to interview for openings. Should be an interesting week to see if Seely and Roman generate the same interest as last year.

Not sure Seely will get serious look, if Gamble goes to Jacksonville, then I can see Roman as Jags HC. As long as Fangio stays, I am happy, keep the Defense together.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Black Monday hit hard

Lovie & Romeo hate that term

Therefore Cincy & Minny will champion their cause

In the name of the democrat party...
Happy new year
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not sure Seely will get serious look, if Gamble goes to Jacksonville, then I can see Roman as Jags HC. As long as Fangio stays, I am happy, keep the Defense together.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/jets-and-jags-ask-to-interview-tom-gamble/

NYJ and JAX have asked for permission to interview Gamble. I dont think Gamble goes to either location, he COULD go to JAX but only if he can convince Khan to forget about Tebow because I don't see Gamble being a willing puppet in the Tim Tebow parade. That being said if Gamble does go to JAX then I could see Roman going there and either being happy with Henne as the "Alex Smith" of the team until their guy is ready and they have MJD to be their "Frank Gore" with a strong running game. Also a very viable spot for the real Alex because Alex is easily a better QB then Henne.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 31, 2012 at 11:35 AM ]