There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

I guess we could see this week if any teams are serious about Roman or any other coaches since they can interview this week for a HC spot.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I guess we could see this week if any teams are serious about Roman or any other coaches since they can interview this week for a HC spot.

Honestly, I think guys like Mike McCoy (Denver OC) and Mike Zimmer (Cincy DC) are going to be hot names. Not so sure about Roman.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Lovie Smith fired

wow this is a shocker for me.
I think this might be the best available job this year.
I have a feeling they will try to hire someone who is good with QBs

I was surprised at first but after hearing em on NFLN I'm not surprised he got the ax.

yes me too.

i didnt know that they missed the playoffs 5 times during the last 6 year
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'm predicting that Lovie ends up going to Buffalo (which would be an excellent hire for them imo)
looks like the Raiders hired a coach a season too early!

lot a big names out right now
Originally posted by sachie23:

Honestly, I think guys like Mike McCoy (Denver OC) and Mike Zimmer (Cincy DC) are going to be hot names. Not so sure about Roman.

AND the only way in hell Fangio's getting a HC job is if Justin Smith comes with him.
Agreed
If momentum plays into coaching hires, then I think it is safe to say that Roman isn't going anywhere. Lately teams have been zeroing in on knowing what play is coming now that there is a lot of film on the 49ers offense. Either Frank Gore is slowing down drastically (mainly the past two games) or teams have finally learned how to diagnose and defense all the shifts and movement. Passing game is more explosive but I think that has more to do with a certain change at a certain position, installing some pistol gimmicky stuff and Crabtree finally healthy and getting a chance. I just don't get the whole Roman "genius" talk. But then again I judge from my couch with no NFL experience building a coaching staff whatsoever.
Bears want to interview Mike McCoy
Why do I get the feeling a lot of these teams offloading their coaches will not move on a hire until C.Kelly makes his future employment decision.
I will not lose sleep if we lose Roman (though I doubt we do). What we can't afford is to have all the big names taken by the time Roman finds his job.

My top candidates to replace Roman...

1) Pat Shurmur- Great OC, just got a bad shake as a HC in Cleveland. He also has a good track record with young qb's.
2) Chris Ault- we would easily be his top choice as both an elite team and having Kaep as our qb
3) Norv Turner- great and proven OC who coaches to our strengths (effectively utilizes the run game and TE). Perhaps the best trait about Norv Turner is that he is a proven OC and will never get another NFL head coaching gig due to his failures as a HC.
3) Geep Chryst (most likely candidate for consistency)
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Bears want to interview Mike McCoy

Was McCoy the offensive coordinator with Cutler in Denver?
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
yes me too.

i didnt know that they missed the playoffs 5 times during the last 6 year

AND the only way in hell Fangio's getting a HC job is if Justin Smith comes with him.

The only name I see getting HC consideration is Roman and I'm skeptical about him getting serious consideration. The thing I'm more concerned about is our assistants getting picked up to be coordinators. I wanna keep Donatell and Rathman.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I will not lose sleep if we lose Roman (though I doubt we do). What we can't afford is to have all the big names taken by the time Roman finds his job.

1) Pat Shurmur- Great OC, just got a bad shake as a HC in Cleveland. He also has a good track record with young qb's.
2) Chris Ault- we would easily be his top choice as both an elite team and having Kaep as our qb
3) Norv Turner- great and proven OC who coaches to our strengths (effectively utilizes the run game and TE). Perhaps the best trait about Norv Turner is that he is a proven OC and will never get another NFL head coaching gig due to his failures as a HC.

#2 could go very north or..... very south. My fear is that the advantages to his offense and the type C.Kelly runs are nullified by defensive speed in the NFL.

#3 I don't know, I'm always afraid this guy is one delusional GM away from yet another HC catastrophe. As long as teams are still willing to trade for a player like Tebow and allowing coaches like Ryan (I know I've only cited one), Turner will ALWAYS be a HC candidate; especially with the 49ers talent to pad his calls.

#4 Geep is the way to go. His first name is awesome!
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

#2 could go very north or..... very south. My fear is that the advantages to his offense and the type C.Kelly runs are nullified by defensive speed in the NFL.

#3 I don't know, I'm always afraid this guy is one delusional GM away from yet another HC catastrophe. As long as teams are still willing to trade for a player like Tebow and allowing coaches like Ryan (I know I've only cited one), Turner will ALWAYS be a HC candidate; especially with the 49ers talent to pad his calls.

#4 Geep is the way to go. His first name is awesome!

1) I don't think Ault will jump directly to an OC position. He will likely be an offensive assistant for a bit (like Paul Wulf from WSU last year).

2) Norv runs a completely diferent offense. Kap doesn't need to learn a brand new offense w/less than 1 season as a starter under his belt. Please read, "The Alex Smith Project: How to ruin a QB."

3) Geep as OC, w/Ault assuming QB coach might be great, with continued contributions from Rathman, Solari, etc. (I am pretty sure Rathman isn't looking for an OC role).
Hire Ault as a consultant to enhance the pistol w/the base West Coast offense.

Hope & pray Solari and Rathman stay here.

Norv is an excellent OC. BUT there will always be the apprehension he could bail on us at any time like he did when taking the SD job.