Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I will not lose sleep if we lose Roman (though I doubt we do). What we can't afford is to have all the big names taken by the time Roman finds his job.
My top candidates to replace Roman...
1) Pat Shurmur- Great OC, just got a bad shake as a HC in Cleveland. He also has a good track record with young qb's.
2) Chris Ault- we would easily be his top choice as both an elite team and having Kaep as our qb
3) Norv Turner- great and proven OC who coaches to our strengths (effectively utilizes the run game and TE). Perhaps the best trait about Norv Turner is that he is a proven OC and will never get another NFL head coaching gig due to his failures as a HC.
3) Geep Chryst (most likely candidate for consistency)
#2 could go very north or..... very south. My fear is that the advantages to his offense and the type C.Kelly runs are nullified by defensive speed in the NFL.
#3 I don't know, I'm always afraid this guy is one delusional GM away from yet another HC catastrophe. As long as teams are still willing to trade for a player like Tebow and allowing coaches like Ryan (I know I've only cited one), Turner will ALWAYS be a HC candidate; especially with the 49ers talent to pad his calls.
#4 Geep is the way to go. His first name is awesome!
1) I don't think Ault will jump directly to an OC position. He will likely be an offensive assistant for a bit (like Paul Wulf from WSU last year).
2) Norv runs a completely diferent offense. Kap doesn't need to learn a brand new offense w/less than 1 season as a starter under his belt. Please read, "The Alex Smith Project: How to ruin a QB."
3) Geep as OC, w/Ault assuming QB coach might be great, with continued contributions from Rathman, Solari, etc. (I am pretty sure Rathman isn't looking for an OC role).