Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 574 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by communist:
Whats so special about McCoy???


McCoy is very good with QBs. He won with JAke Delhomme when he was in Carolina, When ORton was ousted for Tebow he changed the entire offense mid season to fit Tebows strengths. OF course he also helped with Mannings comeback this year. I think the Chargers needed someone like him to help repair Rivers. He is a good fit for that team.
The Cards wanted McCoy so I wouldn't be surprised if Horton ended up as HC now
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jacksonville received permission to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell for HC. DC Gus Bradley scheduled to interview for job Weds.
Why does a team need permission to interview a Coordinator for the HC-position? Thought that the permission is automatically given if it would be like a promotion for the candidate.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Don't know any other reason why he is giving Trestman praise. When he was here the offense was not as good

1995: #1 in points #2 in yards
1996: #3 in points #6 in yards

That is with Derek Loville & Terry Kirby at RB

And for comparison: Mariucci's first year with Steve Young and Garrison Hearst, #5 in points #12 in yards.

Those pesky facts.
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.

Just cant see that working out for cutler.... Dunno I might eat crow but I think next year that d regresses and the O doesn't improve at all
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.

Just cant see that working out for cutler.... Dunno I might eat crow but I think next year that d regresses and the O doesn't improve at all

i think this is the last chance for cutler
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.

Just cant see that working out for cutler.... Dunno I might eat crow but I think next year that d regresses and the O doesn't improve at all

i think this is the last chance for cutler

Dunno man , I just feel that if trestman was any good he wouldn't have been in the cfl for 10 years.

Well see what moves he makes ,

I do strongly feel that the d will regress due to old age tho.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Marc Trestman hired as bears HC.

Just cant see that working out for cutler.... Dunno I might eat crow but I think next year that d regresses and the O doesn't improve at all

i think this is the last chance for cutler

Dunno man , I just feel that if trestman was any good he wouldn't have been in the cfl for 10 years.

Well see what moves he makes ,

I do strongly feel that the d will regress due to old age tho.

5 years. Harbaugh was in college for 7 years.
Originally posted by Jcool:
5 years. Harbaugh was in college for 7 years.

I stand corrected, read somewhere it was 10?

Even so , two completly different leagues and you would think if he was half decent he would be an OC somewhere? Or a head coach in college( must pay more than the cfl?)

well see what happens. I'm quite happy to eat crow if cutler improves. He has the tools and weapons to do so.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
I stand corrected, read somewhere it was 10?

Even so , two completly different leagues and you would think if he was half decent he would be an OC somewhere? Or a head coach in college( must pay more than the cfl?)

well see what happens. I'm quite happy to eat crow if cutler improves. He has the tools and weapons to do so.

Haven't been able to find anything on how much he made in Montreal. He was a candidate for the Minnesota Gophers job a few years ago. Both College and CFL are both minor league compared to NFL, I cant remember which Matt said it but when we hired Harbaugh, it was said it wasn't worth it for Trestman to come back to NFL for anything less then a HC job.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
I stand corrected, read somewhere it was 10?

Even so , two completly different leagues and you would think if he was half decent he would be an OC somewhere? Or a head coach in college( must pay more than the cfl?)

well see what happens. I'm quite happy to eat crow if cutler improves. He has the tools and weapons to do so.

Haven't been able to find anything on how much he made in Montreal. He was a candidate for the Minnesota Gophers job a few years ago. Both College and CFL are both minor league compared to NFL, I cant remember which Matt said it but when we hired Harbaugh, it was said it wasn't worth it for Trestman to come back to NFL for anything less then a HC job.

Fair enough then. Dont really get much exposure to how big things are in comparison to each other down here.
I guess he's done what he thought was best for his family?

Does anyone know why he never seems to stay in the same job very long? Was looking at his résumé and its filled with 1-2 year stints? Always seems to be bouncing from team to team. Some of them were advancement moves but most looked as those he was going sideways?

One thing I will say is each place he has gone to the offense has been pretty productive. Just can't see it working with cutler , think he is mentally soft
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

RT @PaulCalvisi: Multiple NFL sources tell me Ken Whisenhunt is "a very strong candidate" to become the next head coach of the Eagles.
Chip Kelly the next coach of the Eagles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127099/article/chip-kelly-will-be-new-philadelphia-eagles-coach
[ Edited by KezarLivin on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone