There are 369 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,305
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Per @jayglazer, Sean Payton has long-term deal in place to coach Saints in 2013 and beyond.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Per @jayglazer, Sean Payton has long-term deal in place to coach Saints in 2013 and beyond.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/12/cleveland_browns_vs_pittsburgh_2.html

According to The Plain Dealer, Cleveland Browns HC Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert will be fired as soon as Monday, also known as "Black Monday" around the NFL!

With the ax falling on Monday, the Browns will quickly begin interviewing candidates for both their head coach and GM vacancies, and might have to compete with more than a dozen teams for the hottest candidates. It's not yet known if any members of the coaching staff or personnel department will remain. Some of the most coveted coaching candidates include Oregon's Chip Kelly and the following NFL offensive coordinators: the Patriots' Josh McDaniels, 49ers' Greg Roman, Colts' Bruce Arians, Denver's Mike McCoy, Falcons' Dirk Koetter, Bengals' Jay Gruden, Redskins' Kyle Shanahan and Seattle's Darrell Bevell.

On the defensive side, two anticipated popular coordinator candidates are former Browns assistant and Cleveland native Mel Tucker of the Jaguars, and the Giants' Perry Fewell, who interviewed here when Shurmur was hired.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
That;'s too bad.. it seems Cleveland actually has some talent in place and I've actually heard great things about Tom Heckert. I'd expect Heckert to go wherever Reid ends up next year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,305
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Crennel, Reid, Turner and Shurmur will not be back. Ryan, Schwartz, Garrett and Allen are safe. Much more here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21473786/the-nfl-today-reid-shurmur-turner-crennel-all-likely-black-monday-victims
Who thinks Jim Schwartz is done in Detroit.
Lovie Smith fired
With all these jobs coming open, our coaching staff may get picked apart somewhat for coordinators. I really don't wanna lose Ed Donatel.
Chan Gailey fired
Just heard NFL Network say the Cowgirls may bring in an OC. Why do I know it's gonna be Norv Turner?
Originally posted by TheChozen:
With all these jobs coming open, our coaching staff may get picked apart somewhat for coordinators. I really don't wanna lose Ed Donatel.

Good teams lose coaches. I'm more concerned that we have a rockstar head coach/GM (which we do) who know how to replace the guys that leave.
HC is only as good as his staff he can put together. Harbs can't do it all.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Lovie Smith fired

wow this is a shocker for me.
I think this might be the best available job this year.
I have a feeling they will try to hire someone who is good with QBs
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Lovie Smith fired

wow this is a shocker for me.
I think this might be the best available job this year.
I have a feeling they will try to hire someone who is good with QBs

I was surprised at first but after hearing em on NFLN I'm not surprised he got the ax.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Just heard NFL Network say the Cowgirls may bring in an OC. Why do I know it's gonna be Norv Turner?

Yep......and he'll find ways to utilize their running game a hell of a lot better.


On the plus side....Tony Romo is still the quarterback.