There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

So Cleveland is restarting its HC search while Chip Kelly must decide whether to go to Philadelphia or remain at Oregon.

Hopefully he stays at Oregon.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
My feelings about the vacancies :
- philadelphia : McCoy mike (lurie will again try to find a guy flexible enough and with nfl experience but with whom he can have a lasting relationship, he has in mind the denver debacle with mcdaniels)
- cleveland : Smith lovie (his job with the bears is a great "carte de visite" that this new kid/owner on the block will value, doesn't want his first step on the wrong foot)
- arizona : Reid andy (they want somebody with experience to face the best coaching division in the entire NFL)
- chicago : Gruden jon (same dreaming situation than in TB : great defense, offense with much potential, no rebuilding, only question mark is Cutler : can he work with this QB?)
- kansas city : Horton ray (they went for haley who had the superior offensive mind and they missed, i think Hunt view horton even better and he could work with pioli if he stays)
- san diego : Arians bruce (offensive mind coach to work with rivers after great job with roethlisberger and luck)
- buffalo : Kelly chip (with the potential they have on offense, this is a risky move for the bills but they take the gamble has they won't attract any big name within the NFL)

- if jacksonville adds up : greg roman (they will sign gamble as GM so roman is the logical move)

This is also based on what i've read, and the fact coaches rarely returns in the same division to face an old team of theirs.

I couldn't find the right place or the right time for those guys :
Nolan Mike
Whisehunt ken
Saban nick
Cowher Bill

Lol are you sure those are your feelings??

LOL!!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

So Cleveland is restarting its HC search while Chip Kelly must decide whether to go to Philadelphia or remain at Oregon.

I think he will. Then in 2014 he'll announce he wants to jump to the NFL again and make Carolina his preferred destination, its painfully obvious that Rivera needs to win the NFC South or get wildcard berth to save his job.

Why? The more vacancies filled, the less likely one of our coaches gets snatched.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Quote:

Why? The more vacancies filled, the less likely one of our coaches gets snatched.

I like Oregon too. I think Roman is the only coach that has a realistic chance of getting hired as a HC and I wouldn't mind that.
I know someone said Gamble likes Tomsula as a HC but I doubt that would happen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

The Bears were granted permission to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell last week. Add him to the long list of candidates in Chicago
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN

Eagles announce that their interview with Mike McCoy is over.
@Mortreport: Doug Marrone's deal with the Buffalo Bills, as @AdamSchefter reported this morning, is for four years.
@CardsMarkD:@azcardinals Sunday PM update: Met with Broncos OC Mike McCoy yesterday in DEN. Expected to speak this week with Bengals OC Jay Gruden.
@ProFootballTalk: Browns expand coaching search to include Bruce Arians, Marc Trestman http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/browns-expand-search-to-include-arians-trestman/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

Will repeat this about Darrell Bevell, whom #Bears will interview for HC: His offenses have been good w/ every QB except Tarvaris Jackson.

Bevell brings total of known #Bears HC candidates to 10. Probably are more that haven't been reported.
@AdamSchefter: Chip Kelly turned down a chance to go to the NFL and to returned to Oregon, according to sources. He considered Eagles but ultimately decided it was better to stay at Oregon
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

Will repeat this about Darrell Bevell, whom #Bears will interview for HC: His offenses have been good w/ every QB except Tarvaris Jackson.

Bevell brings total of known #Bears HC candidates to 10. Probably are more that haven't been reported.

Talk about a dig at Jackson lol, but he does have a point.
whatever happened to jon gruden?