LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
WTF are the Bears doing, their coaching candidates suck!!! If I were the Bears, my candidates would be Bruce Arians, Greg Roman, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy or even Jay Gruden. Shoot I'd even try to pick Pete Carmichael, surprising hes not a candidate.

I thought Carmichael interviewed right after Lovie was fired, or was that in Philly?

I'm not sure, but he'd definitely be one of my top 3 or 5, he did an awesome job with the Saints offense. Sure, Brees probably had a lot to do with that, but there was no Sean Payton to overlook him, IMO that says a lot.

Carmichael seemed overwhelmed when he was intermediate HC though.
@MikeGarafolo: Meeting is over indeed. I'm told that's not the end of communication between Eagles + Kelly.
@RapSheet: RT @RoobCSN: OK, now THIS is interesting. I'm told by league source Eagles still planning to meet tomorrow with McCoy and Marrone. So there's that
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

According to @KimJonesSports, #Colts OC Bruce Arians will not call game. He is in the hospital. Team says he's "doing fine"
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
AP_NFL ‏@AP_NFL

Reports: Syracuse's Doug Marrone to take over Bills http://pro32.ap.org/content/ap-source-syracuses-marrone-take-over-bills (@john_wawrow) #NFL
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

So Cleveland is restarting its HC search while Chip Kelly must decide whether to go to Philadelphia or remain at Oregon.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Hearing issues of roster control/overall power were always major issues to resolve in pursuit of Chip Kelly. We'll see if/when he leaves
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Owner Woody Johnson wants new GM to evaluate staff in 13. Gamble very high on Tomsula (DL coach). believes he can be strong head coach

This makes no sense. Ryan is still their HC.

95% chance Jets are looking for a new head coach in 2014.

I guess Tomsula could be Rex's DC for 2013... Then who knows?

Can we make him Assistant Head Coach and give him a raise? Id much rather we lose than Roman than Tomsula.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Bills hire a college coach who has a .500 record
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Previous coach had a 10-37 record, Doug Marrone had two 8-5 seasons and two bowl wins

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Previous coach had a 10-37 record, Doug Marrone had two 8-5 seasons and two bowl wins

With all the candidates out there though, you pick a guy who has done alright in college? Sounds like the bills
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

With all the candidates out there though, you pick a guy who has done alright in college? Sounds like the bills

8-5 this year including 5-2 conference record. Won bowl game over West Virginia 38-14. OC of Saints from 06-08.

So Cleveland is restarting its HC search while Chip Kelly must decide whether to go to Philadelphia or remain at Oregon.

Hopefully he stays at Oregon.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
My feelings about the vacancies :
- philadelphia : McCoy mike (lurie will again try to find a guy flexible enough and with nfl experience but with whom he can have a lasting relationship, he has in mind the denver debacle with mcdaniels)
- cleveland : Smith lovie (his job with the bears is a great "carte de visite" that this new kid/owner on the block will value, doesn't want his first step on the wrong foot)
- arizona : Reid andy (they want somebody with experience to face the best coaching division in the entire NFL)
- chicago : Gruden jon (same dreaming situation than in TB : great defense, offense with much potential, no rebuilding, only question mark is Cutler : can he work with this QB?)
- kansas city : Horton ray (they went for haley who had the superior offensive mind and they missed, i think Hunt view horton even better and he could work with pioli if he stays)
- san diego : Arians bruce (offensive mind coach to work with rivers after great job with roethlisberger and luck)
- buffalo : Kelly chip (with the potential they have on offense, this is a risky move for the bills but they take the gamble has they won't attract any big name within the NFL)

- if jacksonville adds up : greg roman (they will sign gamble as GM so roman is the logical move)

This is also based on what i've read, and the fact coaches rarely returns in the same division to face an old team of theirs.

I couldn't find the right place or the right time for those guys :
Nolan Mike
Whisehunt ken
Saban nick
Cowher Bill

Lol are you sure those are your feelings??

LOL!!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Hopefully he stays at Oregon.

I think he will. Then in 2014 he'll announce he wants to jump to the NFL again and make Carolina his preferred destination, its painfully obvious that Rivera needs to win the NFC South or get wildcard berth to save his job.
Share 49ersWebzone