There are 1,042 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

I'm picturing Chip Kelly at Rubio's with the Eagles in one booth and the Browns in another…Chip bouncing back and forth between each booth.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Hopefully Holmgren doesnt end up in Arizona now that he is available.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

NFL coaches and personnel types are fascinated to see where Chip Kelly lands. My phone keeps blowing up. Guys, I have no idea!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
WTF are the Bears doing, their coaching candidates suck!!! If I were the Bears, my candidates would be Bruce Arians, Greg Roman, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy or even Jay Gruden. Shoot I'd even try to pick Pete Carmichael, surprising hes not a candidate.

I thought Carmichael interviewed right after Lovie was fired, or was that in Philly?

I'm not sure, but he'd definitely be one of my top 3 or 5, he did an awesome job with the Saints offense. Sure, Brees probably had a lot to do with that, but there was no Sean Payton to overlook him, IMO that says a lot.

Carmichael seemed overwhelmed when he was intermediate HC though.
@MikeGarafolo: Meeting is over indeed. I'm told that's not the end of communication between Eagles + Kelly.
@RapSheet: RT @RoobCSN: OK, now THIS is interesting. I'm told by league source Eagles still planning to meet tomorrow with McCoy and Marrone. So there's that
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

According to @KimJonesSports, #Colts OC Bruce Arians will not call game. He is in the hospital. Team says he's "doing fine"
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
AP_NFL ‏@AP_NFL

Reports: Syracuse's Doug Marrone to take over Bills http://pro32.ap.org/content/ap-source-syracuses-marrone-take-over-bills (@john_wawrow) #NFL
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

So Cleveland is restarting its HC search while Chip Kelly must decide whether to go to Philadelphia or remain at Oregon.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Hearing issues of roster control/overall power were always major issues to resolve in pursuit of Chip Kelly. We'll see if/when he leaves
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Owner Woody Johnson wants new GM to evaluate staff in 13. Gamble very high on Tomsula (DL coach). believes he can be strong head coach

This makes no sense. Ryan is still their HC.

95% chance Jets are looking for a new head coach in 2014.

I guess Tomsula could be Rex's DC for 2013... Then who knows?

Can we make him Assistant Head Coach and give him a raise? Id much rather we lose than Roman than Tomsula.
Bills hire a college coach who has a .500 record
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Previous coach had a 10-37 record, Doug Marrone had two 8-5 seasons and two bowl wins

Previous coach had a 10-37 record, Doug Marrone had two 8-5 seasons and two bowl wins

With all the candidates out there though, you pick a guy who has done alright in college? Sounds like the bills
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

With all the candidates out there though, you pick a guy who has done alright in college? Sounds like the bills

8-5 this year including 5-2 conference record. Won bowl game over West Virginia 38-14. OC of Saints from 06-08.