LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 445 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Panthers and Browns have requested permission to interview Vikings asst GM George Paton for GM. He's scheduled to meet w Panthers next week
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Owner Woody Johnson wants new GM to evaluate staff in 13. Gamble very high on Tomsula (DL coach). believes he can be strong head coach
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Adam Schefter said if Caldwell goes to Jags, look for Greg Roman or Mike Nolan as HC

I posted this on the previous page.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I can't remember if it was Chris Mortensen or Adam Schefter? But this morning on ESPN, they said if #Falcons Exec. David Caldwell lands the #Jaguars GM job, two names he's targeting for HC are #49ers OC Greg Roman (as we know) and #Falcons DC Mike Nolan.
Wasn't the current Jags HC Mularkey formerly with ATL? Seems like guys keep moving from Atlanta to Jacksonville but anyway, if Jax hires this Caldwell then Roman will probably be his 1st choice for HC. Let's face it, no matter what you think of him Roman>>>Nolan as HC candidate. Nowin already proved over 4 years he sucks in that position. If Roman goes there he at least has MJD, a couple pretty damn good receivers, a servicable defense and with possibly bringing a certain QB you've got a poorman's 49ers East.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I can't remember if it was Chris Mortensen or Adam Schefter? But this morning on ESPN, they said if #Falcons Exec. David Caldwell lands the #Jaguars GM job, two names he's targeting for HC are #49ers OC Greg Roman (as we know) and #Falcons DC Mike Nolan.
Wasn't the current Jags HC Mularkey formerly with ATL? Seems like guys keep moving from Atlanta to Jacksonville but anyway, if Jax hires this Caldwell then Roman will probably be his 1st choice for HC. Let's face it, no matter what you think of him Roman>>>Nolan as HC candidate. Nowin already proved over 4 years he sucks in that position. If Roman goes there he at least has MJD, a couple pretty damn good receivers, a servicable defense and with possibly bringing a certain QB you've got a poorman's 49ers East.

I agree will all of what you said, I just want to make two points:

1. For what Mike Nolan lacked as a HC, I think he did a good job from a personnel standpoint. Remember how bad this roster was when he took the job?

2. Whomever takes the Jaguars HC job, they may have to deal with Tebowmania. (Forced by the owner)
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Owner Woody Johnson wants new GM to evaluate staff in 13. Gamble very high on Tomsula (DL coach). believes he can be strong head coach

Tomsula is a great coach. I would really hate to lose him!

This makes no sense. Ryan is still their HC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:

95% chance Jets are looking for a new head coach in 2014.

I guess Tomsula could be Rex's DC for 2013... Then who knows?

I guess Tomsula could be Rex's DC for 2013... Then who knows?

I'm inclined to agree, but this is still uncertain. And you really think the Jets would want Jim Tomsula as a HC, even a year down the line? I find that really hard to believe. I live in NY, the fans here would erupt.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I never seen this many GMs get fired in one year.
@PapSheet: Right now Chip Kelly meeting with #Eagles. Told #Browns still overwhelming favorite. Lawyers slated to be present for #Browns dinner tonight
@AdamSchefter: #Browns have requested permission to interview SF's Tom Gamble and Kansas City's Ray Farmer for their GM job
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

In addition to this week's scheduled meetings with the Eagles and Chargers, sounds like the Bears may talk to Doug Marrone as well
Share 49ersWebzone