There are 641 users in the forums
Which Kicker would you be interested to replace Akers? THIS YEAR!
Shop 49ers game tickets
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:20 AM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Could also go with someone we are familiar with like Giorgio Tavecchio. Odds are we keep Akers. He definitely could be gone after this year (making 3 mil) but for now I see him staying if he is even average. As for the list Kaeding struggles in the playoffs... Kasay has experience but is by far the oldest, I'd say no to Cundiff... Rackers, Longwell or Brown maybe... Buehler has a rocket leg but is inaccurate... It's hard to tell because some of those haven't played in awhile. Others were some of the best in the NFL not too long ago. I think I stick with Akers and hope he fixes his problems. He's 19/27 and like 2-3 have been blocked and from what I can tell they weren't his fault.
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Akers effin sucks this year. Im scared everytime we have to kick a FG
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Jose Cortez
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM
- NC49erfan82
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,658
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Akers effin sucks this year. Im scared everytime we have to kick a FG
I am in the same boat.
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:55 AM
- ninerfan4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,875
Bring back Nedney!
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
wouldnt mind giving Longwell and Buehler a tryout, but that's it
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:10 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Just make Andy Lee kick FGs
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM
- mcbaes72
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,679
Should invest in robot kickers soon. At :35 mark, would've been good for 50+ yards, then we can finally cut Akers.
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,084
Draft Dustin Hopkins from Florida St.
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM
- ninerfan4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,875
Draft the kicker from Oregon
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM
- VDSF
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,971
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Akers effin sucks this year. Im scared everytime we have to kick a FG
This!
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:05 AM
- 99problems
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,861
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:Bring back Nedney!
the alex smith of kickers
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM
- Paul
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,729
He missed 8 kicks last year, and has missed the same amount this year (through 11 games). Watching the Saints game I will say that the Special Teams do not look that great & I'd hate for us to lose in the playoffs again due to this. I will say however that whatever Harbaugh decides I will be 100% behind
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
- NYS49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 125
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Draft Dustin Hopkins from Florida St.
ive been saying this for a while now