LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Which Kicker would you be interested to replace Akers? THIS YEAR!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Akers has been very untrustworthy this season after starting off week 1 strong. This year he has shanked quite a handful and had two FG's blocked. Here is a list of who could be trustworthy. You can not got in to the playoffs with a kicker as cold as Akers. Ryan Longwell has my vote along with John Kasey. Either way I believe we should bring someone in to work out. Hey what do I know or can do... I am just a fan.

1. Nate Kaeding
2. Ryan Longwell
3. John Kasay
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Josh Brown
6. Neil Rackers
7. Olindo Mare
8. Dave Rayner
9. David Buehler
10. Justin Medlock
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Nov 26, 2012 at 7:06 AM ]
Could also go with someone we are familiar with like Giorgio Tavecchio. Odds are we keep Akers. He definitely could be gone after this year (making 3 mil) but for now I see him staying if he is even average. As for the list Kaeding struggles in the playoffs... Kasay has experience but is by far the oldest, I'd say no to Cundiff... Rackers, Longwell or Brown maybe... Buehler has a rocket leg but is inaccurate... It's hard to tell because some of those haven't played in awhile. Others were some of the best in the NFL not too long ago. I think I stick with Akers and hope he fixes his problems. He's 19/27 and like 2-3 have been blocked and from what I can tell they weren't his fault.
Akers effin sucks this year. Im scared everytime we have to kick a FG
Jose Cortez
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

I am in the same boat.
Bring back Nedney!
wouldnt mind giving Longwell and Buehler a tryout, but that's it
Just make Andy Lee kick FGs

Should invest in robot kickers soon. At :35 mark, would've been good for 50+ yards, then we can finally cut Akers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Draft Dustin Hopkins from Florida St.

Draft the kicker from Oregon
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

This!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bring back Nedney!

the alex smith of kickers
  • Paul
  • Veteran
He missed 8 kicks last year, and has missed the same amount this year (through 11 games). Watching the Saints game I will say that the Special Teams do not look that great & I'd hate for us to lose in the playoffs again due to this. I will say however that whatever Harbaugh decides I will be 100% behind
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Draft Dustin Hopkins from Florida St.

ive been saying this for a while now
Share 49ersWebzone