LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

john gruden calls delanie "McDonald "

Shop 49ers game tickets
He always calls Goldson, "Goldston".
Jon Gruden is cool. He seems so pumped up for every game and knows his stuff. Certainly better than listening to Collinsworth.
I could of swore i heard a Kendall Williams
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I could of swore i heard a Kendall Williams

i'm sure you did.
Gruden could buy and sell all of us.

Well, not me
Gruden on MNF >>>
Nobody can pronounce Nevada like us Nevadans
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Did anyone else grow frustrated with the silly mistakes that gruden was making?
Everyone has a bad day at work but he seemed to fall short on the basics...like saying Colin was from" Nevada -Reno"
Or calling delanie walker "McDonald "

Does he always make these kinds of mistakes? Should MNF replace him?

I actually find his flubs kind of endearing. I crack up every time he says "spider 2 wide banana."
[ Edited by baltien on Nov 22, 2012 at 4:48 PM ]
Is Jon Gruden the next Madden. He's just fun to listen to. Lots of hype from players to every team that he's doing from week to week, but that's usually what you want from a commentator. Enthusiasm and fun without sounding retread like Jaws. Madden was the same way through the years. Didn't offer anything enlightening when it comes to football. But he does have the enthusiasm, fun and funny factor. Gruden just doesn't take himself too seriously so when he does make mistakes most people understand it's nonchalant. It's the other guys that act like they are some football aficionado that comes off sound really stupid when they actually said something stupid.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Is Jon Gruden the next Madden. He's just fun to listen to. Lots of hype from players to every team that he's doing from week to week, but that's usually what you want from a commentator. Enthusiasm and fun without sounding retread like Jaws. Madden was the same way through the years. Didn't offer anything enlightening when it comes to football. But he does have the enthusiasm, fun and funny factor. Gruden just doesn't take himself too seriously so when he does make mistakes most people understand it's nonchalant. It's the other guys that act like they are some football aficionado that comes off sound really stupid when they actually said something stupid.

I prefer the actual Madden. But Gruden has that same kinda style. I just wish he would read the programs to see what the players names are....

Originally posted by Chief:
He makes stupid name mistakes but blows other commentators away with his football smarts. John Gotten is great.

this
He sauces himself to the point where he forgets names and where he is at the moment.
''JUSTIN SMITH, GETS OFF THE JAM, AND JUST SLAMS IT IN, JUST RAILS IN IT, AS ALDON WALTZ RIGHT IN FOR THE SACK, I GOT TO TELL YA ,...THIS..THAT..''

Dude loves football. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Share 49ersWebzone