LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Anyone betting the games?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
First off, I just moved to Nevada so I'm legal:)

I started betting last week with a 3 team parlay. I won today using Colin Cowherd's Blazing five. I picked Tampa -1.5(lucky), Cleveland +8.5 and Saints -5.5 (how easy was that one?). It certainly makes NFL sunday a bit more interesting.

Anyone else using the Blazing 5?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am on a hot streak, which had to do with good luck. I am just parlaying money lines. Playing the NFL by the spread is tough. If you can string 4 of them together the pay-out isn't bad. I took NE, NO, DEN, and BALT. $100 paid $362 total. On money line bets they just have to win outright. If I was playing by the spread that four gamer would have had 2 losers on it. Here is why I say the NFL is so tough, over the weekend I was 7-0 straight up on NFL, but if I figured the spread in I would have been 3-4. I took all favorites. I needed OT to get the Dallas and Texan win. In NBA bets I was 10-0 straight up (took one under dog) and 8-0-2 against the spread. I had a great weekend but most of the money is going to pay off my bad Romney bets with a friend. I don't follow anyone, I make my own picks.
[ Edited by BobS on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM ]
There are 2 sites that I like Covers and Predictem.

Just google the names and the sites will be there,.
So did anybody here bet the spread for game we had against the Seahawks
Originally posted by BobS:
I am on a hot streak, which had to do with good luck. I am just parlaying money lines. Playing the NFL by the spread is tough. If you can string 4 of them together the pay-out isn't bad. I took NE, NO, DEN, and BALT. $100 paid $362 total. On money line bets they just have to win outright. If I was playing by the spread that four gamer would have had 2 losers on it. Here is why I say the NFL is so tough, over the weekend I was 7-0 straight up on NFL, but if I figured the spread in I would have been 3-4. I took all favorites. I needed OT to get the Dallas and Texan win. In NBA bets I was 10-0 straight up (took one under dog) and 8-0-2 against the spread. I had a great weekend but most of the money is going to pay off my bad Romney bets with a friend. I don't follow anyone, I make my own picks.
I do the same thing with betting the money lines. I started last year and was so-so with the spreads. I was just trying to learn. I went back to the spreads this year and would have a couple of good weeks and then lose a bunch. I almost quit altogether and then I started doing money-line I'm pretty good at it but I am not betting nearly as much as you are. I started with $75 bucks and just bet 5 to 10 dollar bets. Now i make 30 to 40 dollar bets. I had my biggest week this last week. It's fun but i never get too crazy because i don't want to redeposit money into the account. I like playing with the initial deposit to make it last all year.
Cowboys cost me $3,000 this past weekend. Had them on 3 tickets. I also had the bucs and packers and I already assumed I was dead in the water only to see Tampa make a miraculous comeback and the packers somehow get an extra fg before it was all said and done. Sometimes I mix money lines with spreads in my parlays. Boy do I wish I would have taken the cowboys money line instead of the pats. I took pats money line and cowboys with the points. I was so pissed off.
anyone going on tonight? panthers are -3.
I like CIN -1.5 @SD
Share 49ersWebzone