There are 144 users in the forums

You're NOT a true 49ers fan if...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If u didn't want to make the playoffs even at 7-9

Uhh no.
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
you didn't watch every single game from 03-10.

Very good...bandwagon fans don't remember the bad days

I watched every game in those years. And man it sucked.... You would get a little corner somewhere in a sports bar on the smallest, worst TV. And people would wonder why you are even torturing yourself to watch it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I watched every game in those years. And man it sucked.... You would get a little corner somewhere in a sports bar on the smallest, worst TV. And people would wonder why you are even torturing yourself to watch it.

I remember bartenders would like at me like I am crazy when I would ask if they were showing the 49ers game. I got this "Are you sure?" look.
Originally posted by Marsh:

if you dont know who this is

Thats Asante Samuel!
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
If when you were in middle school you switched to the raiders cuzz it was the cool gangsta thing to do.but grew up and realized that that was the worst mistake in your life....

. On my dads side are niners fans we all grew up niner fans. My cousin chris switched up and started liking the raidders cuzz all his friends did well let's just say he grew up. Well now he's back to his roots as a niner fan..but I don't let him forget about his days as a gangsta ass raider fan....
[ Edited by bluecoller49ninerfan on Nov 17, 2012 at 7:06 AM ]
If.....You don't know about Freddie Solomon's last play at the stick.
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Nov 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Lived outside the country and watched the games beginning at 3am and stay up until the game was over. No matter if we were down by 4 touchdowns (which we were many times). And now here's the important part, couldn't wait for next weeks game even though we were 2-11. Proud fan since 1957.

I'll second that as far as the time difference. Anyway to get 49ers to start their home games at 0400 in the morning?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by keeferr75:
If.....You don't know about Freddie Solomon's last play at the stick.

didn't Bill Walsh let him play QB and take a snap?
... you don't know who Dan Bunz is.
In my opinion, to be a 49er fan, the minimum one should be doing is WATCHING THE GAMES to be able to hold a conversation with another 49er fan. There is nothing more annoying than to talk to another dude at a party or some event who says he is a 9er fan, but didn't watch the game. Further, a 9er fan should be WATCHING THE GAMES LIVE either on TV or at the stadium. NO EXCUSES!!! Recorded games because you needed to be at a wedding, coed baby shower, or other event clearly don't cut it for me. I give PRIORITY to all games over other events in life and then go live it up afterward. I would make sure my own wedding occurs in the bye week haha
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Nov 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM ]

Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
In my opinion, to be a 49er fan, the minimum one should be doing is WATCHING THE GAMES to be able to hold a conversation with another 49er fan. There is nothing more annoying than to talk to another dude at a party or some event who says he is a 9er fan, but didn't watch the game. Further, a 9er fan should be WATCHING THE GAMES LIVE either on TV or at the stadium. NO EXCUSES!!! Recorded games because you needed to be at a wedding, coed baby shower, or other event clearly don't cut it for me. I give PRIORITY to all games over other events in life and then go live it up afterward. I would make sure my own wedding occurs in the bye week haha

Work is a valid excuse. Not everyone has the luxury of a Monday through Friday job in this economy.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Nov 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM ]
You're NOT a true 49ers fan if...you leave before the final whistle in game 16 and you are 1-14, and your offensive coordinator is Jim Hostler, and the defense is giving up 0ver 600 yards a game, and you are losing 59-0 at home, and your quarterback is Cody Picket and your kicker is Owen Pochman, and the rain is pouring down hard, and you have no umbrella.
if you arent starting to see why the bills fans werent that upset about losing donte witner. and if you werent happy for jeff garcia when he helped the eagles win no matter how much you hate the eagles
[ Edited by 49amane on Nov 17, 2012 at 3:10 PM ]
If a loss doesnt ruin ur entire week, ur not a true fan.

simple as that.
If Arnez Battle wasn't one of your favorite players at some point.
Share 49ersWebzone