LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

So um......Andrew Luck looks amazing out there.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just the way he moves around the pocket and the accuracy with his throws....WTF? we hear it but yeah he really does look like a Vet out there. I mean sure I might seem like I'm late on this..but I was just giving it time...watching him here and there..waiting for defenses to adjust, to challenge him....to see how he'd adjust. But half way through the season he seems to be improving. I'm sure next season defenses will be even more ready for him, but its crazy to think how he'll do with added weapons.

I mean I watched him at Stanford...and I expected him to do well...but its weird when you actually see it happen in a rookie.

I really believe his play is uplifting his teammates out there. From Vets who are rejuvenated with the success, to youngins who are carrying their college confidence into the pros. And of course with Coach Pagano's battle, which is most likely keeping everyone grounded.

Lets see how he does on a shortened week and national television....the pressure is on him, the Jags are doing horrible...the Colts are expected to make this look easy..but as you know with the NFL...anything can happen.

anyway, just want to say he is fun to watch....and if you haven't had a good chance to watch him, check him out on NFL.com

here is a link to Sunday's HLs.... about 4mins worth...about half of his completions but with some nice replays.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000089920/Week-9-Andrew-Luck-highlights
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 6, 2012 at 12:17 AM ]
So um this isn't news to anyone
Originally posted by marshniners24:
So um this isn't news to anyone

I guess I'm just surprised that he doesn't have a dedicated thread in this section...or a thread about his recent performances....at least in the first 2 pages.
Like I said before (don't think ever here on the Zone, just to my RL friends), I believe Andrew Luck will be a better QB than Peyton Manning, winning at least 2 Super Bowls for the Colts. The guy doesn't even really look like a rookie anymore.
Let's trade for him
  • Paul
  • Veteran
seems that within the past 7-8 years rookie Qbs can actually start now compared to sitting for a few yrs and then playing. Compare first round QBs on the whole from maybe 04 on compared to 2002 and prior... just a world of difference.
He's always been good. Touted as the best QB to come out in 15 + years. He may well be.
Would have sacrificed one 13-3 season for two decades of Luck/Harbaugh dominance.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Would have sacrificed one 13-3 season for two decades of Luck/Harbaugh dominance.

what are you talking about? Luck would output the same type of production we are getting with Alex here.....its just how Harbaugh's offenses are.

If Alex was QBing the Colts on Sunday he would've thrown for 430 yards and 2TDs with those same offensive powerhouse weapons.....if not more.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

what are you talking about? Luck would output the same type of production we are getting with Alex here.....its just how Harbaugh's offenses are.

If Alex was QBing the Colts on Sunday he would've thrown for 430 yards and 2TDs with those same offensive powerhouse weapons.....if not more.

You're crazy. Alex played from begins most of his career and he had OCs that liked to throw the ball (McCarthy, Norv...). Alex never put up these kind of numbers, even with a ton of garbage time.

Lmao! I'm pretty sure you are kidding. Right?
Ahhh smell the brimstone of another Alex flame war thread! Nothing like the taste of Hyperbole and Strawman in the morning. Afrikan posted about Andrew Luck guys...who is by all indications shaping up to be one hell of a QB in a very short amount of time. Give the kid a little credit and let him have a thread huh?
Originally posted by strickac:

You're crazy. Alex played from begins most of his career and he had OCs that liked to throw the ball (McCarthy, Norv...). Alex never put up these kind of numbers, even with a ton of garbage time.

Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Lmao! I'm pretty sure you are kidding. Right?

LOL guys, you know who you are replying to, right? smh

PLEASE stop trolling
Luck looks real good...until he faces this defense. I hope we light his a$s up next year. I think we due to face afc south next year. Ain't no reason for the pupil to defeat the mentor
Share 49ersWebzone