LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

So um......Andrew Luck looks amazing out there.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yeah, you can really tell he works out.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Hmm already has three 300 yard games in his first 8 games.

and one 400+ game..

with no run game and very average WRs.

Wayne is not average
without a QB he is (last year)
75 catches 960 yards isnt "avg"

actually in todays NFL it is.

24th in the league isn't avg
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

and one 400+ game..

Wayne is not average

Out of 48 starting WRs I think its very average.

and one 400+ game..

Wayne is not average

64 starting WR's.........

Holy s**t, when did the NFL go down to 24 teams?

Each team has two starting wide receivers. Some, like the Saints, use three and four for the majority of the snaps. 32 teams x 2 = 64 starting receivers. 64 / 3 = 23.3. Wayne was near the top half of all wide receivers in the NFL with Curtis Painter throwing him balls.

Don't turn this into an Alex Smith thread.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
64 starting WR's.........

my bad I was thinking about something else but yes I dont think Wayne is anything very special in his tenth year.
Reggie Wayne is not average, but you can't take anything away from what Luck is doing right now. He's being asked to throw the 40+ times a game. The fact that he can just walk in and take over a passing orientated offense is flat amazing for a rookie. It's not like Cam Newton/ Griffen were teams have to adjust to their athletic ability.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Reggie Wayne is not average, but you can't take anything away from what Luck is doing right now. He's being asked to throw the 40+ times a game. The fact that he can just walk in and take over a passing orientated offense is flat amazing for a rookie. It's not like Cam Newton/ Griffen were teams have to adjust to their athletic ability.

what's funny is if teams try to worry too much about Luck's passing ability he'll hurt them with his athletic ability.

These young Qbs, heck including Alex, they need to always focus on going forward..no matter what.... if teams are taking passes away, just run forward and get some yardage...make the 3rd down easier.....NO SACKS...or at least try to have as little as possible.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

what's funny is if teams try to worry too much about Luck's passing ability he'll hurt them with his athletic ability.

These young Qbs, heck including Alex, they need to always focus on going forward..no matter what.... if teams are taking passes away, just run forward and get some yardage...make the 3rd down easier.....NO SACKS...or at least try to have as little as possible.

Luck is the beneficiary of sitting on a great team with top talent for ...
Luck has some great WR...
Luck has a great OL...
Luck has the advantage of a great running ga...
Luck has a great insurance type of tight en...
Luck is working with players who have been in the system for a long...

Luck only has a 56% completions and 79 rating! Take that!

This is why Aaron Rodgers would have still excelled even if he were drafted by the 49ers. Some guys just have it. We shouldn't take credit away from them.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Luck has a great OL...

This is why Aaron Rodgers would have still excelled even if he were drafted by the 49ers. Some guys just have it. We shouldn't take credit away from them.

While I don't disagree with what you're saying I don't think there's any comparisions between us and the Colts. The Colts have been a playoff team for the last decade minus last season. Alot of turnover, alot of new faces, new coaching staff, but it's a winning organization and they made all the right moves to put Luck in position to succeed. Luck's doing his part as well. Rating doesn't look very spectular, but he's 4th in QBR and in their 5 wins he's accounted for 10 TD's (7 pass, 3 rushing) to 1 pick.

You put Luck on Jacksonville and I guarantee you there's a larger curve. Maybe he overcomes maybe he doesn't. Just because Luck is succeeding in Indy doesn't mean Gabbert could walk and succeed there. It's just best leave the speculation game alone because nobody knows how things would have played if we did "x" instead of "y".

off topic, but He looks weird without hair, but this is a great cause for the Colts with Chuck Pagano's fight. I would do it for this reason, but I already shave my head 2 times a week.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
off topic, but He looks weird without hair, but this is a great cause for the Colts with Chuck Pagano's fight. I would do it for this reason, but I already shave my head 2 times a week.

So you think they beat JAX on thurs on the road? I need info because Thursday games usually means home team and JAX is home.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Originally posted by Joecool:
Luck has a great OL...

While I don't disagree with what you're saying I don't think there's any comparisions between us and the Colts. The Colts have been a playoff team for the last decade minus last season. Alot of turnover, alot of new faces, new coaching staff, but it's a winning organization and they made all the right moves to put Luck in position to succeed. Luck's doing his part as well. Rating doesn't look very spectular, but he's 4th in QBR and in their 5 wins he's accounted for 10 TD's (7 pass, 3 rushing) to 1 pick.

You put Luck on Jacksonville and I guarantee you there's a larger curve. Maybe he overcomes maybe he doesn't. Just because Luck is succeeding in Indy doesn't mean Gabbert could walk and succeed there. It's just best leave the speculation game alone because nobody knows how things would have played if we did "x" instead of "y".

The Colts were a winning team because of Peyton Manning. They're winning now because of Andrew Luck. That team has had so many holes disguised by great QB play it's not even funny. Last year was evidence of that.
The eye test. If you watch Luck to the point of the ball traveling in the air and never see if that ball is caught or not: he is leagues beyond Alex Smith and the second tier QBs.

Gabbert has a gun but is not very accurate. He still throws to covered receivers. Why? Because of his arm.
Share 49ersWebzone