There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Redrafting the 2012 draft mid season

stopped reading at bleacher report.
When your first round WR can't beat out great players like Kyle Williams then yes Houston there is a problem.
As much as I want to see our draft picks play, people need to stop worrying about them. Jacobs doesn't see the field and is inactive at times. We all would probably agree that he's a solid player with SB experience. Does that mean he sucks? No. JH has his own plans.

The same could be said about Moss. Look at how long it took for him to get his first TD. He clearly has explosive ability, but he rarely gets targeted. Does that mean he sucks? No. So dont worry about AJ. Harbaugh has a plan.

Anyway, before we start labeling these guys as busts, lets just remember that there are some pretty savy vets in front of them that barely if at all see the field.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Biggest mistake of the draft: Not drafting Gore's heir apparent. Sorry. I like Hunter as utility player, but not as a full-time work horse.

I agree we could have had Doug Martin... I knew that guy would be a stud.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
As much as I want to see our draft picks play, people need to stop worrying about them. Jacobs doesn't see the field and is inactive at times. We all would probably agree that he's a solid player with SB experience. Does that mean he sucks? No. JH has his own plans.

The same could be said about Moss. Look at how long it took for him to get his first TD. He clearly has explosive ability, but he rarely gets targeted. Does that mean he sucks? No. So dont worry about AJ. Harbaugh has a plan.

Anyway, before we start labeling these guys as busts, lets just remember that there are some pretty savy vets in front of them that barely if at all see the field.

week 1...........
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Maybe Balke and Harb know what they're doing, since they turned the franchise around. Maybe the are building for the future Kap, James, and Jenkins could be the core guys in the making. Just a thought, and since non of use have ever done anything on the pro football level maybe we should just enjoy winning.

You are right. I said that too a while ago and got laughed at. Jenkins and James skill sets match up better with Kaep's skill set than Alex's.
I don't buy the wait in the wings approach. There are rookie QBs starting all over the league. A wide receiver? Maybe the 49er emphasis on the run has curtailed his reaching the field. From what I've seen of his footage, college and limited pro, AJ has zip. He looks like he can take a slant to the house. LMJ? This guy can do get him on the field fore a few snaps. As far as Doug Martin is concerned, the Bucs struck gold. Would have been a great transition from Frank to Martin. I can't wait for the Bears-49er game, the ground is going to shake.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erSooner:
Maybe Balke and Harb know what they're doing, since they turned the franchise around. Maybe the are building for the future Kap, James, and Jenkins could be the core guys in the making. Just a thought, and since non of use have ever done anything on the pro football level maybe we should just enjoy winning.

we can be critical of the front office and still be a fan
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Biggest mistake of the draft: Not drafting Gore's heir apparent. Sorry. I like Hunter as utility player, but not as a full-time work horse.

I agree we could have had Doug Martin... I knew that guy would be a stud.
i understand your thoughts but I really did not think we needed to look at gores replacement untill after this year cuz i thought he still had something left plus we have hunter. where i think they f**ked up was not getting a linebacker defensive end with the first or second round pick. i hope aldon and brooks hold up but if they do down we could be in some trouble,,, however there is much to be said about your theory guys
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:

You are right. I said that too a while ago and got laughed at. Jenkins and James skill sets match up better with Kaep's skill set than Alex's.
i hope you are not saying they drafted those two thinking ck will be the starter. they would kick you out of the grassy knoll in texas with that ,, if that is what you were trying to say. yes lets draft two kids and then let them set cuz we know ck will be the quarterback next year and they will mesh better with him than alex
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

week 1...........

LOL
Originally posted by cciowa:

i hope you are not saying they drafted those two thinking ck will be the starter. they would kick you out of the grassy knoll in texas with that ,, if that is what you were trying to say. yes lets draft two kids and then let them set cuz we know ck will be the quarterback next year and they will mesh better with him than alex

It makes sense whether you like it or not. Jenkins and James are explosive players, which fits Kaepernick's skill set and style. Alex's skills and style, not so much.
Jenkins and James have not been inactive because of their talent level. Theyve been inactive because of depth. Kyle Williams is a really good WR as are Crabtree, Moss, and Manningham. They probably shouldnt have signed 2 WR's in free agency and drafted one in the first but they did, still doesnt make him a bust.
We dont use 3 RB's unless way ahead at the end of the game and you dont count on that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by cciowa:

It makes sense whether you like it or not. Jenkins and James are explosive players, which fits Kaepernick's skill set and style. Alex's skills and style, not so much.
it makes zero sense
i have no doubt jenkins will succeed

he has everything you want in a WR

he just cant pysiically match up in the nfl ( baalke acknowledged this as well) he needs to bulk up

other than that he has great speed makes he is quick he is smart on and off the field - knows soft spots on defense and most importantly his speed in and out of cuts is unreal

did people already forget how consistantly he got open during preseason?

only problem is that he will get jammed at LOS now and that will cause him to mistime his routes etc he just doesnt have that fl strength yet which is why he is sitting this year - not too mention we can afford to do that
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Nov 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM ]