• Veteran
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
AJ Jenkins rookie free agent.
i guess i am ok with this pick(not exactly a ringing endorsement!) but there is no doubt the second pick should have went to a linebacker or pass rusher.

if he aint starting by next year then bust ?

Aaron Rodgers is a bust?

um Arron Rodgers is not a WR.

My point is that just because a player sits his first couple years, doesn't mean he's a bust. No matter where he is taken.
a first round wide out who sets for two years in a row should never have been drafted in the first place
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i guess i am ok with this pick(not exactly a ringing endorsement!) but there is no doubt the second pick should have went to a linebacker or pass rusher.

Aaron Rodgers is a bust?

My point is that just because a player sits his first couple years, doesn't mean he's a bust. No matter where he is taken.

thats b******t, a first round pick should be a starter by his second season or the pick was a waste.

Again, that's dumb and any reasonable person knows it.
no its not dumb kid and i am very reasonable. do teams draft first round picks in order for them to set around playing checkers for two years?? that is dumb in my opinion
Originally posted by nickbradley:
der der der DOUG MARTIN der der der

Doug Martin if drafted by the Niners would not supplant Frank Gore, and maybe not Kendall Hunter. So this is a asted pick for the re draft in my opinion.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Doug Martin if drafted by the Niners would not supplant Frank Gore, and maybe not Kendall Hunter. So this is a asted pick for the re draft in my opinion.

that's my point. its pointless to re-draft based on who's the best through 8 games.
personally, I think we errored in not drafting ANY defensive linemen. That's my only gripe.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Aaron Rodgers is a bust?

a first round wide out who sets for two years in a row should never have been drafted in the first place

my point exactly

Aaron Rodgers is a bust?

my point exactly

Originally posted by diegosydney:

Aaron Rodgers is a bust?

Aaron Rodgers wasn't 6th on the depth chart at his position, of which there can only be one on the field at any given time.

In Aaron Rodgers' case that guy was a hall-of-famer

Not a journeyman like Kyle Freakin' Williams.

Signs say bust.

Signs say we have enough depth that we have the luxury of sitting a draft pick and allowing him to get acclimated and know the system and not rushing him in.

If they though he was he was any good he'd have been in there by now.
Biggest mistake of the draft: Not drafting Gore's heir apparent. Sorry. I like Hunter as utility player, but not as a full-time work horse.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for TexasGuero49.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Biggest mistake of the draft: Not drafting Gore's heir apparent. Sorry. I like Hunter as utility player, but not as a full-time work horse.

Biggest mistake of the draft: Within the first 3 rounds you draft a offensive or defensive lineman every year whether you think you need to or not. It can be just for depth but you always draft a trench player. If you don't need either the one year draft O-line and then the next draft front seven for defensive side. Always sacrifice one of your top 3 draft picks for depth and rotation.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Nov 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM ]

Maybe Balke and Harb know what they're doing, since they turned the franchise around. Maybe the are building for the future Kap, James, and Jenkins could be the core guys in the making. Just a thought, and since non of use have ever done anything on the pro football level maybe we should just enjoy winning.
^^^ I should add that this is more of my theory than a mistake. I know we took Looney with our 3rd pick (4rth round)
Trust in Harballke
[ Edited by 49erSooner on Nov 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Maybe Balke and Harb know what they're doing, since they turned the franchise around. Maybe the are building for the future Kap, James, and Jenkins could be the core guys in the making. Just a thought, and since non of use have ever done anything on the pro football level maybe we should just enjoy winning.

[ Edited by 49erSooner on Nov 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone