There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playoff Picture

• Antix
  • Veteran
We will not lose to the Giants again. No way in hell.
I still see a 12-3-1 season, with the possibility of owning a tie-breaker to win a bye week. -Atlanta is the only team I see winning 13+ games (still), this has been a whacky season, don't expect the second seed to need more than 12 wins to get the #2 seed this time around.

Fact: 49ers were the only NFC division leader in week 10 to gain any sort of conference points/not 'officially' lose (lost; Bears, Falcons, Giants). -Yeah, it was a bad week for everybody.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I still see a 12-3-1 season, with the possibility of owning a tie-breaker to win a bye week. -Atlanta is the only team I see winning 13+ games (still), this has been a whacky season, don't expect the second seed to need more than 12 wins to get the #2 seed this time around.

Fact: 49ers were the only NFC division leader in week 10 to gain any sort of conference points/not 'officially' lose (lost; Bears, Falcons, Giants). -Yeah, it was a bad week for everybody.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm, but his team loses at New Orleans, New England, and quite possibly St. Louis. Unless they pull their heads outta their asses.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I wish I shared your enthusiasm, but his team loses at New Orleans, New England, and quite possibly St. Louis. Unless they pull their heads outta their asses.

Don't forget Seattle
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Well, it might be better to avoid a bye week and stay in rhythm.....
I think playing 1 game in 24 days really f**ked up our rhythm. We will see the real 49ers team on Monday vs the Bears.
SF remaining schedule: vs. CHI, @ NO, @ STL, vs. MIA, @ NE, @ SEA, vs. ARI

ATL remaining schedule: vs. ARI, @ TB, vs. NO, @ CAR, vs. NYG, @ DET, vs. TB

CHI remaining schedule: @ SF, vs. MIN, vs. SEA, @ MIN, vs. GB, @ ARI, @ DET

GB remaining schedule: @ DET, @ NYG, vs. MIN, vs. DET, @ CHI, vs. TEN, @ MIN
Originally posted by jrg:
SF remaining schedule: vs. CHI, @ NO, @ STL, vs. MIA, @ NE, @ SEA, vs. ARI

ATL remaining schedule: vs. ARI, @ TB, vs. NO, @ CAR, vs. NYG, @ DET, vs. TB

CHI remaining schedule: @ SF, vs. MIN, vs. SEA, @ MIN, vs. GB, @ ARI, @ DET

GB remaining schedule: @ DET, @ NYG, vs. MIN, vs. DET, @ CHI, vs. TEN, @ MIN

we have easily the toughest schedule of all those teams.

yay.
Originally posted by jreff22:
that GB game has helped them

So have the Dallas, Carolina, New England, Minnesota, and New York Games.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
my current predictions, which will inevitably be wrong:
1) ATL 13-3
2) GB 12-4
3) SF 11-4-1
4) NYG 9-7
5) CHI 11-5
6) SEA 10-6
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
we have easily the toughest schedule of all those teams.

yay.
I think that GB's schedule is harder. Save for the Titans, any upcoming opponent is a playoff-contender
If there's a strong possibility of the 49ers going #3 seed and Seahawks going #6 by December 23, how many of you would rather we tank the Seahawk game instead of trying to take them down? Beating a team 3 times in one season is difficult. Doable but not desirable.

The old playoff rules that were in place until the '90s, maybe '02 said you couldn't play a divisional team in the wildcard (maybe even divisional playoff) game. But now with the strict seeding, #3 plays #6 regardless of who it is.

This is a similar scenario to the Lions/Packers week 17 game last year where the possibility of the two teams meeting in the playoffs was realistic.

All of this is assuming this is a 95%+ likely scenario. One game will remain afterwards for both teams as well as the other 4 NFC playoff contenders. If this was a week 17 game where the playoff scenario would be certain at 4:25 PM ET save 1 or 2 teams, I'd imagine it's a legit consideration.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:10 AM ]
So we should tank the 2nd game b/c the historical stats say so???