There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** WEEK 8 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/25 - 10/29 ***

Oh well - that game ended up being a lot more interesting that I thought it would after the first quarter.
Wow.....way to let you players fight for the ball on the final play...

Dude is dumb as a rock.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Yep. Romo and his 65.1 passer rating is quite the overcoming. He is glad to have such passionate fans in his corner.

My point proven with your post.

f**k it. I ll say it: Tony Romo is a much better quarterback than Alex Smith. What's your argument? This should be good.

LOL !!! Another Romo INT. You keep your QB.. I'll keep mine.

bumped for hilarity!

You know romo actually gave them a chance?

Romo f**ked his team in the arse throughout the first half. He tried to atone and failed. Make no mistake... I do think Romo IS a gunslinger... much like JTO was for us. Could definitely make some big plays.. but had to because he'd make so many bad plays.

NYG wins.. that sucks. Romo lovers or haters... we all should want Dallas to win this one.

sounds soooo familiar
Now here comes the 10 minute KTVU news segment
Originally posted by jreff22:
austin shoulve had that

Had the catch been made, the game would almost certainly have ended short of the EZ.
Wow.....way to let you players fight for the ball on the final play...

Dude is dumb as a rock.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Yep. Romo and his 65.1 passer rating is quite the overcoming. He is glad to have such passionate fans in his corner.

My point proven with your post.

f**k it. I ll say it: Tony Romo is a much better quarterback than Alex Smith. What's your argument? This should be good.

LOL !!! Another Romo INT. You keep your QB.. I'll keep mine.

bumped for hilarity!

You know romo actually gave them a chance?

Romo f**ked his team in the arse throughout the first half. He tried to atone and failed. Make no mistake... I do think Romo IS a gunslinger... much like JTO was for us. Could definitely make some big plays.. but had to because he'd make so many bad plays.

NYG wins.. that sucks. Romo lovers or haters... we all should want Dallas to win this one.

I hoping NYG would lose, they are looking like they are getting stronger
49AllTheTime is wrong. Play calls can and does have an effect of the outcome of games. Some calls are just fVcking stupid, objectively speaking.

In regards to the game that you are referencing, 49ers Vs Giants, Roman (and Harbs) signed off on a bad game plan to begin with. Harbs ADMITTED AS SUCH. Alex Smith (and this offense in general) is not good enough to overcome a bad game plan.

In the Cowboys case, there is no defense for the play call of going for a TD on 3rd and 1, with over a min left to play and having T.O.s. Just stupid. What is Garrett thinking?

Play calling makes a difference, and if you don't think so 49AllTheTime, then you are asserting that coaching changes (and different play calling philosophy) don't matter. If you think that, then you don't know football.

Thats like saying Singletary/Raye = Walsh/Shannahan or Walsh/Holmgren

Yea right.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
sounds soooo familiar

Haha, nah... Alex screwed us with those 2 terrible INTs in the 3rd quarter vs the NYG. After those, yeah, he just wasn't willing to throw another INT. I was wanting Ck7 to come in at that point. Alex made those mistakes and he refused to make another.. just can't do that, and I hope he learned from that.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Food for thought. If Harbaugh can turn Alex into what he is now, what do you think he could turn Romo into?

A clipboard holder

When Harbaugh was an assistant with Oakland (?) didn't he grade out Romo as a 2nd rounder?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
sounds soooo familiar

Haha, nah... Alex screwed us with those 2 terrible INTs in the 3rd quarter vs the NYG. After those, yeah, he just wasn't willing to throw another INT. I was wanting Ck7 to come in at that point. Alex made those mistakes and he refused to make another.. just can't do that, and I hope he learned from that.

Pre-2011 it does sound familiar. But since 2011, Smith has only thrown one multi-INT game, that being against the Giants.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
49AllTheTime is wrong. Play calls can and does have an effect of the outcome of games. Some calls are just fVcking stupid, objectively speaking.

In regards to the game that you are referencing, 49ers Vs Giants, Roman (and Harbs) signed off on a bad game plan to begin with. Harbs ADMITTED AS SUCH. Alex Smith (and this offense in general) is not good enough to overcome a bad game plan.

In the Cowboys case, there is no defense for the play call of going for a TD on 3rd and 1, with over a min left to play and having T.O.s. Just stupid. What is Garrett thinking?

Play calling makes a difference, and if you don't think so 49AllTheTime, then you are asserting that coaching changes (and different play calling philosophy) don't matter. If you think that, then you don't know football.

Thats like saying Singletary/Raye = Walsh/Shannahan or Walsh/Holmgren

Yea right.

So it sounds like you are saying JH/G Ro = singletary/raye ?

The same coaches who pulled AS out of a ditch when he was left for dead
austin shoulve had that

Had the catch been made, the game would almost certainly have ended short of the EZ.
still a catch that has to be made
austin shoulve had that

still a catch that has to be made

He should have checked down
Not too much went our way except STL and SEA losing. That's great and all but even IF we win we are still in 4th place in the NFC behind ATL 7-0, Chicago 6-1 and Giants 6-2 (tiebreaker). We play Chicago in 3 weeks including the bye. Just have to keep winning and hope we can eventually get ahead of one of them. If not just have to go without a 1st round bye. If we win the division it gives us at least 1 home game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home