LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 168 users in the forums

*** WEEK 8 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/25 - 10/29 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
49AllTheTime is wrong. Play calls can and does have an effect of the outcome of games. Some calls are just fVcking stupid, objectively speaking.

In regards to the game that you are referencing, 49ers Vs Giants, Roman (and Harbs) signed off on a bad game plan to begin with. Harbs ADMITTED AS SUCH. Alex Smith (and this offense in general) is not good enough to overcome a bad game plan.

In the Cowboys case, there is no defense for the play call of going for a TD on 3rd and 1, with over a min left to play and having T.O.s. Just stupid. What is Garrett thinking?

Play calling makes a difference, and if you don't think so 49AllTheTime, then you are asserting that coaching changes (and different play calling philosophy) don't matter. If you think that, then you don't know football.

Thats like saying Singletary/Raye = Walsh/Shannahan or Walsh/Holmgren

Yea right.

So it sounds like you are saying JH/G Ro = singletary/raye ?

The same coaches who pulled AS out of a ditch when he was left for dead

I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion based on my post. You are the one asserting that play calling doesn't matter/does not significantly effect the game (IE Singletary's publically stated philosophy that it is ALL execution). Thats obviously not true. Play calling matters. State your case otherwise, because I'm willing to change my mind if you've got something.

For the record, JH/G Ro > Single/Raye (proof is in the pudding)
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Oct 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not too much went our way except STL and SEA losing. That's great and all but even IF we win we are still in 4th place in the NFC behind ATL 7-0, Chicago 6-1 and Giants 6-2 (tiebreaker). We play Chicago in 3 weeks including the bye. Just have to keep winning and hope we can eventually get ahead of one of them. If not just have to go without a 1st round bye. If we win the division it gives us at least 1 home game.

Chicago wont keep winning. NY will drop 1 or 2 dumb ones. ATL has a cake walk for the next 4 games...might lose to Dallas but they will walk in with the top seed.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
austin shoulve had that

Had the catch been made, the game would almost certainly have ended short of the EZ.
still a catch that has to be made

It was a tough one off the finger-tips... not one I'd expect OUR guys to make... but still, it actually gave the Cowpukes another chance... then Romo f**ked them one last time by giving no one a chance.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Oct 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM ]
The only way to beat the Giants is on the ground. If you have to pass they have too many athletic D-lineman that get to the QB in a hurry. They could very well be the best team in the league playing with a lead in the 4th quarter. That defensive line makes ordinary players in the back seven look like stars.
Chicago wont keep winning. NY will drop 1 or 2 dumb ones. ATL has a cake walk for the next 4 games...might lose to Dallas but they will walk in with the top seed.

Chicago has at Tenn, Houston, at SF, Minn, Seattle, at Minn, GB, at AZ, at Det.
I think we can beat them (especially at home) and I would agree eventually IF we do our part we should be able to pass them up. Hopefully Houston helps us out. GB as well but they could pull right into the race with us and Chicago for their division/playoff seed.

NYG has Pitt, @Cin, bye, GB, @Wash, New Orleans, @Atlanta, @Balt, Philly
Could definitely see them losing a few more and falling below us but they don't care as long as they get in. Heck they would probably prefer to be on the road and a wildcard team.

Atlanta has Dallas, @NO, Ari, @TB, NO, @Car, Giants, @Det, TB
Could see them dropping a couple more but they have a 1 to 2 game lead on the others so they should get one of the bye spots.
With ATLs schedule, guaranteeing they won't get the number 1 seed.

(2/2 on my guarantees this year.)
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

They had the #1 seed two years ago and were one and done.

If you really want to know how good they are this year, wait for their game against the Giants.

They HAVE to win that game to be taken seriously. They do that (or lose in a very close game), and they're legit. That game is in ATL so no excuses.

Otherwise they're just another good team.
49AllTheTime is wrong. Play calls can and does have an effect of the outcome of games. Some calls are just fVcking stupid, objectively speaking.

In regards to the game that you are referencing, 49ers Vs Giants, Roman (and Harbs) signed off on a bad game plan to begin with. Harbs ADMITTED AS SUCH. Alex Smith (and this offense in general) is not good enough to overcome a bad game plan.

In the Cowboys case, there is no defense for the play call of going for a TD on 3rd and 1, with over a min left to play and having T.O.s. Just stupid. What is Garrett thinking?

Play calling makes a difference, and if you don't think so 49AllTheTime, then you are asserting that coaching changes (and different play calling philosophy) don't matter. If you think that, then you don't know football.

Thats like saying Singletary/Raye = Walsh/Shannahan or Walsh/Holmgren

Yea right.

So it sounds like you are saying JH/G Ro = singletary/raye ?

The same coaches who pulled AS out of a ditch when he was left for dead

I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion based on my post. You are the one asserting that play calling doesn't matter/does not significantly effect the game (IE Singletary's publically stated philosophy that it is ALL execution). Thats obviously not true. Play calling matters. State your case otherwise, because I'm willing to change my mind if you've got something.

For the record, JH/G Ro > Single/Raye (proof is in the pudding)

You don't know.. You wrote it

There can be bad play calling like the 3 throws on a 2nd and 1

But a bad game plan which the whole team works on the whole week ? (Coaches game planning record is 18-5 btw )
all kinda of fumbling goingon
Darren Sproles.... OMFG!

Can we accelerate the learning curve of LaMichael please

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Darren Sproles.... OMFG!

Oregon's play callying is pretty good, a lot of different formations.

Has it been a learning issue with LMJ?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

They had the #1 seed two years ago and were one and done.

If you really want to know how good they are this year, wait for their game against the Giants.

They HAVE to win that game to be taken seriously. They do that (or lose in a very close game), and they're legit. That game is in ATL so no excuses.

Otherwise they're just another good team.

Falcons & Giants will both take the #1 & #2 seeds, and will both get their asses punked by a wildcard rounder winner.
Darren Sproles.... OMFG!

From what I've gathered from media interviews and write-ups, that seems to be the thing that's holding back LaMichael from hitting the field over taking away some of the veteran snaps. He's just got to know mentally what he's doing out there first. It seems to make sense to me regarding rookie RB. It takes away some of his natural talent and quickness on the field if he has to think about what he's doing and try not to make mistakes.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM ]
wow, Drew Brees... wtf were ya doing there, yo? ( INT )
Darren Sproles.... OMFG!

From what I've gathered from media interviews and write-ups, that seems to be the thing that's holding back LaMichael from hitting the field over taking away some of the veteran snaps. He's just got to know mentally what he's doing out there first. It seems to make sense to me regarding rookie RB.

And he has three proven vets in front of him.... like the coaches keep stating they got a good thing going right now and wont even rush Jacobs in there let alone LMJ. When trying to decide who's active at RB behind the NFLs #2&#3 leading rushers in YPC, Dixon's special teams role gives him the edge and Jacobs being a proven vet at 6'3 260 gives him the edge.
Share 49ersWebzone