There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Scot McCloughan

Nolan and Sing did not want Willis. They thought Willis was undersized and weak for an inside linebacker. They wanted Adam Carriker. Scotty MC stood on the table in the draft war room throwing his reputation on for for Willis. Basically threw a fit to get the guy. but he was 100 but he was 100 percent accurate on Willis.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Interestingly, Scot is quoted as saying this in March, 2010: "It was a great run; Players I brought in will win division for next couple of years." to Tim Kawakami, here.

McCloughan ran the team's drafts from 2005 to 2009 (fired March 18, 2010, before the 2010 draft, perhaps he gets some credit/blame for 2010 picks?, but only 2005 - 2009 are listed below.)

1 Michael Crabtree WR
7 Ricky Jean-Francois DT

2008 (pretty f'in pathetic draft)
7 Larry Grant OLB

2007 (damn good draft)
1 Patrick Willis ILB
1 Joe Staley OT
3 Ray McDonald DT
4 Dashon Goldson FS
5 Tarell Brown CB

1 Vernon Davis TE
5 Parys Haralson DE
6 Delanie Walker WR

1 Alex Smith QB
3 Frank Gore RB

Of those remaining, the ones who are impact players are Vernon, Gore, Alex you could say, Willis, McDonald, Staley, Goldson, Brown and Crabtree. The rest were ok picks. Other picks were crap, he couldn't draft for the life of him. 2008 was disaster. Only 1 pick left, and he was originally cut by you, so much for being an genius we all thought he would be.

Nolan gets credit for Justin Smith signing, but reality is we have a new turnover on the roster, thanks to Harbaugh and Baalke. They got Rogers, Akers, Whitner, Goodwin, Aldon, Cully, Kaep, Hunter, Miller, Kilgore, Jenkins, Looney, James, Robinson, Baalke got A.Davis, Iupati, Bowman, Dixon and Willams after McCluless was canned. He also got it right on Brooks, extended him wisely.

So outside of the star in Willis and Gore, and Vernon now, I dont give the old regime much credit. Most of our picks were playing like crap, even Vernon because of attitude issue, and bad schemes for guys like Goldson, McDonald, Crabtree and Staley were underperforming.
I guess in the end, nobody really knows.
Originally posted by TDilvr:

This man brings wisdom to you people. You should pay attention and learn something.
why all these threads about Sing, Nolan, and Scot?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
why all these threads about Sing, Nolan, and Scot?

winning is boring to some
  • 2w2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Why is it even a question?
He had been the GM for 6 years without a winning record, so he was let go.
I have pictures of Scout McCloughhan drinking a few Coors light after the 49ers Eagles game in 2006.
Originally posted by 49erARMY21:
I have pictures of Scout McCloughhan drinking a few Coors light after the 49ers Eagles game in 2006.

Drunk on Coors Lite? No, not possible!
Originally posted by 2w2k:
Why is it even a question?
He had been the GM for 6 years without a winning record, so he was let go.

He was GM for 2 years.
Originally posted by GEEK:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15830/mccloughan-points-to-family-matters

I find this quote from the above story to be rather interesting:

"McCloughan also reached out Friday on football matters, telling Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News that the 49ers would win the next couple division titles with players he drafted."

Now, he may have been just blowing smoke. But it's also true. Those players are responsible for a division title last season. They will be responsible for a repeat performance or at least a playoff berth this season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by GEEK:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15830/mccloughan-points-to-family-matters

I find this quote from the above story to be rather interesting:

"McCloughan also reached out Friday on football matters, telling Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News that the 49ers would win the next couple division titles with players he drafted."

Now, he may have been just blowing smoke. But it's also true. Those players are responsible for a division title last season. They will be responsible for a repeat performance or at least a playoff berth this season.

Well look how he is fairing in the front office of Seattle. I'm not saying he influenced every decision but look:

Baldwin - WR - UDFA
Wilson - QB - 3rd rounder
Browner - CB - UDFA
Sherman - CB - 5th rounder

And they have been able to successfully leverage a few former 49ers:

Michael Robinson
Braylon Edwards
Mike Person

With better coaching, Seattle could be a SB bound team. Right now, they are a danger to the 49ers winning the division.
he is on the short list in Carolina

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/22/accorsi-could-be-going-young-with-his-g-m-recommendation-in-carolina/

sowhy he was fired?
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Nov 22, 2012 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
he is on the short list in Carolina

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/22/accorsi-could-be-going-young-with-his-g-m-recommendation-in-carolina/

sowhy he was fired?

Alcoholic.
  • bors
  • Veteran
alcoholic..banged jeds mom lolz