LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 427 users in the forums

Scot McCloughan

Shop 49ers game tickets
I never heard the truth behind him being relieved of his duties. Does anyone have any answers? I know it was speculated he had family issues, divorce, an affair, or even alcohol abuse but does anyone have any concrete reasons why he was let go?
Housecleaning?
Booze?
He's not here anymore. And I don't want to think about him ever again. He was the short bus of fail. Along with NoWin. Quite a tag team duo of stupid those 2 were. Anyway lets get his out of Niner Talk.....

At the very least take it to NFL Talk. He's not with this team anyomore.
Was it the Lance Briggs fiasco? I'm just curious?
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:

Doubt it. That only cost us a 5th. I get the feeling he had an alcohol problem. Don't think it was ever said but it had to be something significant if they fired him right before the draft. Edit: After what was said below and if those are his words and he was really blinsided I doubt it was alchol. He wouldn't have been surprised by it if he knew he had a drinking problem. Who knows... they knew what they were doing anyways. Baalke was the right man for the job. It's too bad Singletary got to take Mays though. Glad we didn't go out and get a big name overrated or washed up guy.

Found this...
This time, a source close to McCloughan said, the general manager "was blindsided" on Wednesday when York called him into a meeting with other high-ranking team officials and told him his services were no longer wanted. There's a suspicion among those in the McCloughan camp – and other sources familiar with the team's front-office politics – that Paraag Marathe, the Niners' vice president of football operations, pushed for the move as an attempt to gain more power.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM ]
Why are we even talking about him. old news
Raiders?
Maybe because Ballke was ready to be promoted

And he was a drunk
probably got lifted and said some dumb s**t about the yorks
[ Edited by 99problems on Oct 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:

Doubt it. That only cost us a 5th. I get the feeling he had an alcohol problem. Don't think it was ever said but it had to be something significant if they fired him right before the draft. Edit: After what was said below and if those are his words and he was really blinsided I doubt it was alchol. He wouldn't have been surprised by it if he knew he had a drinking problem. Who knows... they knew what they were doing anyways. Baalke was the right man for the job. It's too bad Singletary got to take Mays though. Glad we didn't go out and get a big name overrated or washed up guy.

Found this...
This time, a source close to McCloughan said, the general manager "was blindsided" on Wednesday when York called him into a meeting with other high-ranking team officials and told him his services were no longer wanted. There's a suspicion among those in the McCloughan camp – and other sources familiar with the team's front-office politics – that Paraag Marathe, the Niners' vice president of football operations, pushed for the move as an attempt to gain more power.

lol..was this written by Cohn?

He got caught going at it raw dog in the Castro district.
Must be something wrong with his character or people skills or something else.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
excessive anal
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15830/mccloughan-points-to-family-matters
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
He had an alcohol problem and showed up to the nfl meetings drunk embarrasing the team according to 1050 host Damon Bruce
Share 49ersWebzone