There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** WEEK 5 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/4 - 10/8 ***

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
And the Rams are saved from moving to LA

don't bet on it....heard the team had to buy a ton of unsold tix just to lift the local blackout of this game in st louis.....still saw a lot of empty seats

From a "bring back the LA rams" page:

They needed to sell 1,500 more tickets to lift the blackout and they could not do it. They only sold 250 of the 1,500 and ownership bought the rest. This could be the worst attendance game of the year so far and it is primetime. JT of STLPD said it will be most likely the last pimetime game the Rams get becuase of this. The last one in STL that is.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
we have some great postseason battles against them too.

We've played the rams a total of one time in the post-season.

And it was a lovely 30-3 thumping that not only was never in doubt, but was pretty much a done deal long before the coin toss that day.
I can't stand any of our division rivals but honestly our division has 2 prestigious franchises them being the 49ers and Rams, the main rivalry is 49ers vs Rams as opposed to the other 2 secondary franchises. I think of it as the Giants/Dodgers rivalry in the NL West, after that all is secondary. History and championships have a big part in it as well, the Seahawks and Cards haven't done s**t except lose Super Bowls, the Rams at least have something to brag about and we have some great postseason battles against them too. While I can't stand the Seahawks and cards, those 2 rivalries will never match the 49ers vs Rams because at least Rams and Niner fans have won whereas Seahawks and Cards fans talk out if their ass most of the time. I know they've made it to the Super Bowl but just making it there doesn't work, at least our teams have something in the trophy case.

to the f**kin STEELERS of all teams....double-handedly giving them their 5th & 6th trophies!!!
That loud noise you just heard was the Cardinals falling down to earth.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

And it was a lovely 30-3 thumping that not only was never in doubt, but was pretty much a done deal long before the coin toss that day.

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

I know it was a great battle
bump
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Some good games coming on this morning. Thank god for Redzone Channel.
Originally posted by mayo49:

i finally get to use the PS3 sunday ticket i dropped $300 bucks for two weeks ago....SD area isn't televising the Niners game for once
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by mayo49:

i finally get to use the PS3 sunday ticket i dropped $300 bucks for two weeks ago....SD area isn't televising the Niners game for once

Word.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Falcons at Washington is going to be a fun one to watch. Wonder what RG3 is going to do this week.
watching Eagles-Steelers
Not sure which game(s) to watch now... don't much curr about any of these matchups.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
watching Eagles-Steelers

How many picks is Vick going to throw today? The guy is a turnover machine. Good game to watch, though. Love watching Big Ben play.
Browns already up on giants 7-0