LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Goodell approval thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I could've sworn that we had a thread like this; however, i cannot find it. So what do you guys think of him?!

I personally cannot recall such a time where the nfl was under such turmoil during tagliabue's era.
its not looking good right now
Originally posted by jreff22:
its not looking good right now

He's a power hungry hypocrite. He gives a damn about the "integrity of the game."
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He claims safety, but won't pay the refs, then fines players for making hits... I could go on and on, the dude sucks.
Originally posted by Chief:
He claims safety, but won't pay the refs, then fines players for making hits... I could go on and on, the dude sucks.

i thought he was going to be an excellent commish. I thought the man had integrity. Also, the almost lockout from last year............
Goodell sucks. I heard on "The Herd" that Goodell is the most hated commissioner in all of sports overtaking Bud Selig. I agree with him. I thought Tagliabue was a fair commissioner but its obvious that Goodell only got this job because he is an a$$kisser to the owners. You don't go from intern to commissioner without a good amount of brown nosing.The funniest thing is whenever he says he "played the game" and uses that to relate to current pros. I'm sorry but playing High School ball you can't claim to have "played the game" that is the NFL. He didn't play college ball due to injuries by the way. I played high school ball, does that mean I can claim to have "played the game" that is the NFL too? Of course not. The NFL is a totally different game from College ball because of the speed and skill of players and complexity of defenses.

Goodell puts business well before football. the best franchises are the ones that put a balance between the two.
Anybody else LOL at the thread title?
Originally posted by Chief:

priorities:

1. make money
2. make sure i can't get sued
3. make sure star (offensive) players don't get injured

the saying used to be "offense wins game, defense wins championships" in the NFL corporate office it's "offense makes money, defense lowers rating"

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Anybody else LOL at the thread title?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
as long as we are watching and going to games he could care less what ya'll think.
Originally posted by susweel:
as long as we are watching and going to games he could care less what ya'll think.

This exactly
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:

lead the way then.
Share 49ersWebzone