LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Cam Newton's leadership questioned in loss

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Leadership has zero to do with it.

They got beat by a much better team. They were outplayed and out-coached.

true..the Giants are a better team...but Newton did a bad job of reading the D...missed some check downs that could have kept the chains moving...it looked like he was looking for the big home run every play...he was not patient at all...
The guy can't have a bad game in his second year? nothing but a cheap excuse for the haters to talk trash about an up and coming player.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
The guy can't have a bad game in his second year? nothing but a cheap excuse for the haters to talk trash about an up and coming player.

It comes with the draft status and position he plays, why would he get treated any different?

Its not about the bad game. Its about the character he showed under primetime lights, when his team was losing. I think Cam will be ok, But he is a young man apparently at a crossroads. Or atleast it appears Steve Smith believes that. Much like VD Cam has alot of passion for the game, but he needs to realize its a team sport and he needs to work together as a unit to get it done. Only teams win in the NFL not individuals. Its still young in his career, but its Time to start becoming an NFL QB, or end up on the long list of those that tried but failed.
I love my niners, but i also love football and i have a HUGE amount of RESPECT for the players, there are lots of players i like in this league outside of the niners. Dont be haters, Cams a bad ass
That douchey behavior, that cocky smile, superman stupidity , and that annoying commercial make it impossible for me to like/root for him.
The guy had a monster season last year stat wise. Every Tom Dick and Harry was ready to put him in the HOF. Granted, he put up numbers, but where were the wins? I remember watching some show on NFL Network last season, that same question was raised by Eiesen, every other overpaid bonehead pundit yelled him down stating "theyll come......next year"

A cannon of an arm, a great rook season number wise, and the constant attention paid to him. I think its in his head that he truely is one of the greats, doesnt need to do the hard work, and now when things go bad he has nothing to fall back on but pouting.

He better get his head straight soon and realize life in the NFL isnt all roses and honey. Do the work, respect your team, coaches (and for a QB your OL more than anyone on earth) if he does, more power to him. The NFL needs great players playing well. But just do your job and enough with the goofy celebrations. If he doesnt, he can be Cutler or Leaf in a few years. Either way, not in our division, let him play well or fail, no skin off of my nose.

It's not about the game he played it's about how he handled getting benched.

Ya that Steve Smith is just a trash talking Cam hater.
Cam Newton has a lot of talents, but if he isn't careful, he could end up like Vince Young who barely two years ago was seemingly back on track of a fruitful football career. The NFL always have influx of new talents. It's very difficult to hang on if the powers-that-be decide that you're more troubles than you're worth.

• Chief
  • Veteran
He was being a big b***h, f**k Cam Newton.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Its not about the bad game. Its about the character he showed under primetime lights, when his team was losing. I think Cam will be ok, But he is a young man apparently at a crossroads. Or atleast it appears Steve Smith believes that. Much like VD Cam has alot of passion for the game, but he needs to realize its a team sport and he needs to work together as a unit to get it done. Only teams win in the NFL not individuals. Its still young in his career, but its Time to start becoming an NFL QB, or end up on the long list of those that tried but failed.

I think everyone is reading way to far into this story is all. Just because a guy wants to be in the spotlight doesn't mean he's not a team player. Its only his second year, I'd say he's on the right track so far.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I think everyone is reading way to far into this story is all. Just because a guy wants to be in the spotlight doesn't mean he's not a team player. Its only his second year, I'd say he's on the right track so far.

The dude can play, yes... But he was being a sissy b***h on the bench and in the post game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Hope Newton continues to improve and get better as a teammate also.
Share 49ersWebzone