There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Newton's leadership questioned in loss

Leadership has zero to do with it.

They got beat by a much better team. They were outplayed and out-coached.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Cam would be perfect with a coach like Harbaugh. Rivera is garbage as a head coach.

Put in perspective, Rivera is a defensive minded coach and placed full autonomy for the offense on Chudzinski (Panthers OC). Chudzinski is part of the Marty way of offense, but also the influenced by Norv Turner. One thing going for Cam is superior athleticism and Steve Smith, if things don't work out watch for the parallels to Alex Smith journey's.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Don't you think he could've reacted differently when he was yanked, since this isn't the first time? Besides what gives with the TD celebration when his team was so far behind? People are expecting grace under pressure regardless of the results, but when people constantly whisper how great he is............ Hopefully he doesn't get a pitbull
The panthers played horrible. But its how you handle the loss that matters. I think Smith was absolutely right for blasting Cam and how he handled the situation. You don't want Cam turning into Jay Cutler and how he handles a tough loss and getting pulled. Its not all Cams fault because the defense was playing two hand touch out there but I don't think Cam has the best offensive coaches to groom him either. This is his second year in the league and he has alot of learning to do still on becoming a leader and a great quarterback. This is just one of the experiences he is going to have to learn from to be great. Hopefully he is better at learning these things than Cutler.
he's an idiot. Doing his stupid superman celebration after scoring a meaningless TD in a game in which they're getting blown out in. I don't watch him play much, but that right there is enough for me to label him a me-first douche.
Originally posted by boast:
but but but he throws for 300 yds all the time!

I said last year after his first few games that people should remember JaMarcus Russell had a 90+ passer rating his first few games.

I don't think he'll ever sink to that level, but I thought it was very presumptuous for people to assume he'd suddenly be Dan Marino who runs like Tim Tebow this year.
im sorry but i cant hate on cam , i actually root for the guy lol, my fav player who isn't a 49er.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's an idiot. Doing his stupid superman celebration after scoring a meaningless TD in a game in which they're getting blown out in. I don't watch him play much, but that right there is enough for me to label him a me-first douche.

This
aside from calvin johnson cam newton is the most physically gifted athleth in the nfl

he still doesnt know how to play qb position though

he gets easily fooled by good defensive scheming and stares down WRs

i am not saying he cant be a good qb however he needs to realize he has to work on the fundementals which he clearly lacks
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
aside from calvin johnson cam newton is the most physically gifted athleth in the nfl

he still doesnt know how to play qb position though

he gets easily fooled by good defensive scheming and stares down WRs

i am not saying he cant be a good qb however he needs to realize he has to work on the fundementals which he clearly lacks
He relies on his arm way too much
Originally posted by Ancient9r:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Cam would be perfect with a coach like Harbaugh. Rivera is garbage as a head coach.

Put in perspective, Rivera is a defensive minded coach and placed full autonomy for the offense on Chudzinski (Panthers OC). Chudzinski is part of the Marty way of offense, but also the influenced by Norv Turner. One thing going for Cam is superior athleticism and Steve Smith, if things don't work out watch for the parallels to Alex Smith journey's.

Rivera reminds me of Samurai Mike ...he'll flame after this year. I predict Cowher will be the HC next year for the Panthers and he'll have a positive impact on Cam.
Anyone notice how he had his eyes closed the whole interview and never looked up?

Not saying this is an absolute travesty but it is a bit of a red flag IMO.
[ Edited by KegBert on Sep 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Everyone is a leader when you're winning, it's how you handle yourself when you lose that shows your true colors. Cam sulking at the end of the bench shows his lack of maturity and leadership.
Time to grow up. We will see if he faces up to the challenge placed on him by the vets on his team.

Defense was horrible, But Cam didnt help them out much. Turnovers got to decrease. The coaching isaint great either, but non of this is a good excuse for the way he acted a celebration in garbage time is ridiculous, and always comes off as classless, and selfish, like "Well atleast i got MY #'s". He needs to learn to be a professional.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
This is the beginning of the end for Cam Newton...He'll be benched permanently within the next few weeks.

this