There are 541 users in the forums
Ray Lewis still running the show
Sep 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,756
best of all time, ALL TIME!
Sep 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM
- 49erfeeeever808
- Veteran
- Posts: 31,326
Originally posted by barako:
At age 37. He posted 14 tackles, a sack, and force a fumble against the Bengals last night. I wish our boys Willis and Bowman to do the same and play at an elite level as time goes...
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM
- barako
- Veteran
- Posts: 361
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I want to see more from Bowman before I put him on Willis' level.
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
- vrabbit
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,953
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
best of all time, ALL TIME!
yup
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM
- 49erfeeeever808
- Veteran
- Posts: 31,326
Originally posted by barako:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I want to see more from Bowman before I put him on Willis' level.
yes. so you want both of them to play at an elite level.
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by barako:
At age 37. He posted 14 tackles, a sack, and force a fumble against the Bengals last night. I wish our boy Willis to do the same and play at an elite level as time goes...
It will never happen for Willis or Bowman. In Bmore its the front sevens job to keep Ray free to roam and make decisions, like Troy in Pit. Our DC hog ties Willis by forcing him into coverage or a specific area. In other words, I feel like we are holding him back. With that said, it still might be what's best for the team...

Edit: Like when Denever was calling plays for Peyton instead of letting him run the no-huddle and call his own plays...
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM ]
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM
- 49erfeeeever808
- Veteran
- Posts: 31,326
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by barako:
At age 37. He posted 14 tackles, a sack, and force a fumble against the Bengals last night. I wish our boy Willis to do the same and play at an elite level as time goes...
It will never happen for Willis or Bowman. In Bmore its the front sevens job to keep Ray free to roam and make decisions, like Troy in Pit. Our DC hog ties Willis by forcing him into coverage or a specific area. In other words, I feel like we are holding him back. With that said, it still might be what's best for the team...
Edit: Like when Denever was calling plays for Peyton instead of letting him run the no-huddle and call his own plays...
"Check your ego's at the door."
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM
- barako
- Veteran
- Posts: 361
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
yes. so you want both of them to play at an elite level.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
It will never happen for Willis or Bowman. In Bmore its the front sevens job to keep Ray free to roam and make decisions, like Troy in Pit. Our DC hog ties Willis by forcing him into coverage or a specific area. In other words, I feel like we are holding him back. With that said, it still might be what's best for the team...
Edit: Like when Denever was calling plays for Peyton instead of letting him run the no-huddle and call his own plays...
Good point. If we keep on winning though, I won't complain.
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM
- cwilson830
- Staff
- Posts: 5,501
Originally posted by ChazBoner:best of all time, ALL TIME!
Plus, he killed a guy
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
ray lewis is the best mlb of all-time and it's not even close....
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM
- barako
- Veteran
- Posts: 361
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
ray lewis is the best mlb of all-time and it's not even close....
Totally agree. I have never seen an inside linebacker dominates a game the way he does, and that includes our own in Willis and Bowman. I really hate whatever our coaching staff is doing to Willis, kind of holding him back but like I said, if we keep on winning, I'm all for it.
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,756
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
best of all time, ALL TIME!
Plus, he killed a guy
like a boss
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM
- H41L5ATAN
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,417
Mario Williams 1 tackle, lol
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Mario Williams 1 tackle, lol
lmao
