There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. says Russell Wilson better than our boy Alex

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Yeah, that Marshawn Lynch - what a wimp!
And, those 2 pro-bowl O-linemen - mere pushovers!

We have pro bowl linemen too
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Yep... Just like the wildcat of a few years ago. Cam Newton got the cuffs put on him this year. Running qbs eventually get hammered and eventually have to rely on the basics of playing the position.

Russell Wilson is a great scrambler, but he doesn't scramble to make runs, he does it to buy time to pass the majority of the time. He has 4 of the 5 longest scrambles behind the LoS in the entire NFL this year. Our pass protection has been rather poor most of the year, but our run blocking started off average and has become very good throughout the season, which has been a nice bonus. I wouldn't call Wilson a "running QB", even though he's very good at it. He had 9 runs against Buffalo for 92 yards and 3 rushing TDs, and he wasn't touched on a single run in the game. Pretty much the polar opposite of RG3 and his reckless running. Wilson is a smart runner, he has no problem sliding early, running out of bounds before grabbing the first down, etc. There isn't much a defense can do to "figure out" his running, because he's a safe runner. Contain it and he'll throw mid-deep strikes, like he has been doing quite a bit the last ~8 games.

Wilson is definitely not the typical "he'll get his antics figured out and have a sophomore slump" type of QB. Screenshot this post and if I'm wrong next season, put it up and call me out. You might have to PM me to get me to come see it if I'm not really around here at the time, but I'll come if you PM me because of the email notification. :)
The year he had this year is better than any year ever put together by Alex Smith. Truth.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The year he had this year is better than any year ever put together by Alex Smith. Truth.....

This.
why is this in niner talk?
Isn't that really obvious to everyone?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Isn't that really obvious to everyone?

There are still people that think Tebow is a QB.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
why is this in niner talk?

Exactly
At 5'10" he better hope he can play quarterback in the pocket. Defenses will eventually, as they always do, catch up to the skat quarterbacks. If Russell can't addapt then he's no better than Troy Smith. Remember him?
Anybody else having problems posting with a giant banner from Nationwide getting in the way. Selling our posting space, really? Is nothing sacred anymore?
Originally posted by vermonator:
At 5'10" he better hope he can play quarterback in the pocket. Defenses will eventually, as they always do, catch up to the skat quarterbacks. If Russell can't addapt then he's no better than Troy Smith. Remember him?

Although this article only talks about TD passes vs. all passes:

Mike Sando of ESPN.com joined "Brock and Salk" on Wednesday and provided evidence to the contrary. Wilson's numbers from inside the pocket, according to Sando, are comparable if not better than those from outside the pocket.
Inside the pocket: 14 touchdowns against seven interceptions, a 95.2 passer rating and a 77.4 score (out of 100) in Total QBR, ESPN's metric for quarterbacks.
Outside the pocket: five touchdowns against one interception, a 95.1 passer rating and a 60.8 QBR.
"To say that he is dependent on getting outside the pocket for a lot of his gains would really be inaccurate," Sando said.

"To say that he is dependent on getting outside the pocket for a lot of his gains would really be inaccurate," Sando said.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2145710/Busting-another-myth-about-Russell-Wilson
Yep... Just like the wildcat of a few years ago. Cam Newton got the cuffs put on him this year. Running qbs eventually get hammered and eventually have to rely on the basics of playing the position.

Cam started the year out kinda rough but he's been pretty great the last 8 games/second half of season.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:

Russell Wilson is a great scrambler, but he doesn't scramble to make runs, he does it to buy time to pass the majority of the time. He has 4 of the 5 longest scrambles behind the LoS in the entire NFL this year. Our pass protection has been rather poor most of the year, but our run blocking started off average and has become very good throughout the season, which has been a nice bonus. I wouldn't call Wilson a "running QB", even though he's very good at it. He had 9 runs against Buffalo for 92 yards and 3 rushing TDs, and he wasn't touched on a single run in the game. Pretty much the polar opposite of RG3 and his reckless running. Wilson is a smart runner, he has no problem sliding early, running out of bounds before grabbing the first down, etc. There isn't much a defense can do to "figure out" his running, because he's a safe runner. Contain it and he'll throw mid-deep strikes, like he has been doing quite a bit the last ~8 games.

Wilson is definitely not the typical "he'll get his antics figured out and have a sophomore slump" type of QB. Screenshot this post and if I'm wrong next season, put it up and call me out. You might have to PM me to get me to come see it if I'm not really around here at the time, but I'll come if you PM me because of the email notification. :)

Dude your guys offense opened up even you guys started running the read option.. Wilson is as talented of a runner as any qb in the league. But eventually the offense will be figured out and qbs will have to adjust. And saying there's a suchthing as a "safe" running qb....You just go ahead and bet the farm on that one.
Trust me, if Russell Wilson was a 49er, we'd be 12-3 right now, He's short for my taste of QB but the man can flat out BALL! I watched A LOT of him at NC ST and Wisky, I would tell myself, if he was 6'3" instead of 5'10" he'd got at #3 overall in the Draft behind A Luck & RG3.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Trust me, if Russell Wilson was a 49er, we'd be 12-3 right now, He's short for my taste of QB but the man can flat out BALL! I watched A LOT of him at NC ST and Wisky, I would tell myself, if he was 6'3" instead of 5'10" he'd got at #3 overall in the Draft behind A Luck & RG3.

Im not judging him on his height, It's on his ugly ass wife! Alex may not be the better qb but he's wife is dam hot if your going to be a football player atleast get a hot women, even Jim's wife is fine! Hell even Comish's wife is hot...
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM ]