There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

** Week 2 NFL Preseason Games Thread 8/16 - 8/20 **

These refs look like little kids wearing big kids clothes.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 24,340
Originally posted by susweel:
These refs look like little kids wearing big kids clothes.

Especially the head ref
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The refs f**ked that one good and proper. It was cards ball on the 4 yard line, and kolb was called for Intentional Grounding on the goal line. They spot the ball on the goal line, but that's the wrong call. It should've been half the distance to the goal from the 4, therefore placing the ball on the 2. Never-the-less, they put in on the inch line, and kolb gets sacked in the endzone for a safety on the next play.



Why is it I/we know s**t like this, but the god damn refs don't? How f**king hard is it.

Did you just hear Eisen's explanation? He said it's a spot foul if the spot of the throw is further back than either 10 yards (if this had happened in the middle of the field) or half the distance (in this case).

Rich Eisen? And just to understand, you're saying my assessment of the rule was correct?
The Cards O-Line is so atrocious. I know, I know... it's only preseason...
Kolb ain't gonna last long taking hits like that.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
The refs f**ked that one good and proper. It was cards ball on the 4 yard line, and kolb was called for Intentional Grounding on the goal line. They spot the ball on the goal line, but that's the wrong call. It should've been half the distance to the goal from the 4, therefore placing the ball on the 2. Never-the-less, they put in on the inch line, and kolb gets sacked in the endzone for a safety on the next play.



Why is it I/we know s**t like this, but the god damn refs don't? How f**king hard is it.

Did you just hear Eisen's explanation? He said it's a spot foul if the spot of the throw is further back than either 10 yards (if this had happened in the middle of the field) or half the distance (in this case).

Rich Eisen? And just to understand, you're saying my assessment of the rule was correct?

Sorry, my mistake, I am watching NFL Network and Eisen said basically the exact same thing you did, but he got corrected. Calling it a spot foul was the right call. So your assessment of the rule was not correct, as you said it should have been half the distance. The ball should have been spotted where it was.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,627
LOL Kolb, thank god we never traded for that guy.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
The Cards O-Line is so atrocious. I know, I know... it's only preseason...

man i wanna find the "kolb > alex" posts. but i dont care that much so im not gonna, lol. still funny as f**k. dude is GARBAGE
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Tommy Kelly runs off field and says of Kolb: "That boy's scared." This according to Raiders preseason TV team.
Black ref sounds like a gay white guy, lol
It's a good thing Arizona signed Snyder. I hope they have fun with that. I hear Kwame Harris could use some work if they need another turnstile.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Aug 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM ]
Watching the first half of the Raiders-Cardinal game and can't imagine Kolb being any worse. From the preseason games I've watched there seems to be blitzing on every passing play. Wait a second Kolb just got worse, sacked at the Raider three on second down. The Cardinals can't even cut him because of his contract. Alex is head and shoulders above any QB in the Western Conference.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,627
Skelton should be starting for the Cards
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
A black punter!