LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Ref lockout may last into season

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The NFL doesn't like to pay anyone.

Man, you said it all. This league wants to squeeze the last dollar out of anyone that comes in contact with it. I live outside the country and purchased NFL audio a few years back after they cut the feed from KNBR which was perfect. The NFL audio stopped after 8 seconds and sometimes continued and sometimes didn't. Meanwhile there are betting sites from the UK that give perfect audio and video for every game.....free. It goes without saying there was no possible way to contact the NFL to fix the solution. I still get e-mails to come back to their service, forget about it. I have relatives in NY that received a 40k bill for two seats when the new Giants stadium opened. On the street they call it pay up sucker, in the NFL offices they call it Personal Seat License. This is the demise of the sport before our eyes. The banks do it, Wall street does it, it's big business, so the NFL has the right to do it also. If NFL fans boycotted all games for one week and stopped Direct TV at the same time the NFL would be giving away free tickets, you can bet on it.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Wonder how many games get blown this season because of a non-call or a blown call

This.i wonder what game will have the "honor" of being the first to have a blown call cost somebody a game??? Itll probly happen week one,just watch n see.i wouldnt be surprised at all to see 1 game a week get blown.smfh
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
There's always blown calls though
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Exactly
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Man, you said it all. This league wants to squeeze the last dollar out of anyone that comes in contact with it. I live outside the country and purchased NFL audio a few years back after they cut the feed from KNBR which was perfect. The NFL audio stopped after 8 seconds and sometimes continued and sometimes didn't. Meanwhile there are betting sites from the UK that give perfect audio and video for every game.....free. It goes without saying there was no possible way to contact the NFL to fix the solution. I still get e-mails to come back to their service, forget about it. I have relatives in NY that received a 40k bill for two seats when the new Giants stadium opened. On the street they call it pay up sucker, in the NFL offices they call it Personal Seat License. This is the demise of the sport before our eyes. The banks do it, Wall street does it, it's big business, so the NFL has the right to do it also. If NFL fans boycotted all games for one week and stopped Direct TV at the same time the NFL would be giving away free tickets, you can bet on it.

Go ahead and do that. Let us know how it works out.

Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Go ahead and do that. Let us know how it works out.

Haha yeah, Its not that much per month for direct TV for hours of entertainment.

If money is tight, you can watch 5 games per week for free on cable. Niners will be feature games this season.

Or stream it online. There are great niner feeds.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
NFL needs to get this fixed before the regular season because those guys look like clowns out there right now.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Exactly

not like this....

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-cowboys/2012/8/19/3254542/cowboys-chargers--nfl-replacement-officials-interception-illegal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Heard these refs make up to $8000 per game and some get to ref about 20 games so thats $160,000 per year for a part time job.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for 99problems.
OVER PAID
they dont get any benefits though thats one of the main things theyre fighting for i believe
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
they dont get any benefits though thats one of the main things theyre fighting for i believe

i dont know many part time jobs with benefits. and when they make that much money im sure they can purchase benefits.
cant be anymore than 10k a year thats a week of pay.
i would happily give up a week of pay for a year of benefits
these back-up refs SUCK!
Share 49ersWebzone