LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Revis does his job and thats it. He does what a corner is supose to do. Willis on the other hand does things you dont expect a linebacker to do on top of doing his job better than any MLB in the game. imo he should have been the top defensive player on that list.

What you just said about Willis applies to Justin Smith, who, for the past 2 years, has been the best player on this team and the best defensive player in the league last year.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Guy is a tremendous corner, likely the best in the league. Still the guy can't just respect a contract, it's ridiculous. It's not like he's on his rookie deal, he renegotiated for this one and he won't honor it. My buddy is a huge Jets fan but we both agree that his ego needs a check. Hopefully Randy can give it to him this season, still remember that one handed grab when he burned him two years ago. Likely going down with some Jets and Niners fans for that game and I hope we ruin them.

Yup.

Its one thing to b***h about outplaying your rookie deal, which in his era was still probably fantastic, but its another thing to sign a second deal and then still b***h about it.

Especially when he is getting paid multi millions to play a game...

Agreed. I don't quite understand why he'd sign the contract in the first place.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I'd rather have champ Bailey

get back into your hot time machine and push 2012 not 2002
lol at those who say he is overrated. he's the best corner in the league and has been for a few years now. Put down your homer glasses.
Originally posted by miked1978:
lol at those who say he is overrated. he's the best corner in the league and has been for a few years now. Put down your homer glasses.

Its not being a homer. I doubt anyone here thinks Rogers or Brown are better.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
What do you guys think of our upcoming matchup with the Jets?

Revis on Moss, Cromartie on Crabs?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
What do you guys think of our upcoming matchup with the Jets?

Revis on Moss, Cromartie on Crabs?

Thats when Revis faked a hammy
not overrated.
i remember when revis got burned by Moss and Moss caught a season highlight TD and Revis acted like he had a hamstring injury and stayed out for 2 weeks. Pssshhh...Moss beat you, take it like a man!!!!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i remember when revis got burned by Moss and Moss caught a season highlight TD and Revis acted like he had a hamstring injury and stayed out for 2 weeks. Pssshhh...Moss beat you, take it like a man!!!!

Revis is the best corner and it's not even close. However, that son of a bvtch is greedy and I hope his season ends early next year.

It was a very frontloaded contract.
Originally posted by niners420:
It was a very frontloaded contract.

Was it really? Man, this guy is starting to piss me off.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

If I had to Moneyball it in the NFL, Teddy Ginn would be at the top of my list.

I love that dude.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Why can't Ginn do that all the time?
Originally posted by denali22:
cant tell if you're serious..

The guy is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

Maybe the best CB in the league but the drop off in talent vs the amount you would have to pay him is what makes him overrated. Think for a reasonable amount you can get a serviceable corner, whereas you pay out the ass for an elite corner when the drop off is not that significant between the two to warrant so much money.
Share 49ersWebzone