LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Overrated or not, we should obviously trade for him
Revis does his job and thats it. He does what a corner is supose to do. Willis on the other hand does things you dont expect a linebacker to do on top of doing his job better than any MLB in the game. imo he should have been the top defensive player on that list.
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Overrated.

cant tell if you're serious..

The guy is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

New York hype. He's good but if he played in Jacksonville or Buffalo we'd never hear about him.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/03/no-5-darrelle-revis-cb-new-york-jets/

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

NYJ rank #1 against the #1 recievers, and #2 against the #2 recievers. Allowing only 58 yards per game against opposing #1 recievers is pretty damn good. Theres no way in hell hes overrated.

I wonder how low that number would be if they played better passing teams. Megatron, Andre, Fitz.
I bet that number would be higher if you took out the Luke McCown lead Jaguars game. Just looking over their schedule. Welker and Branch combined for 200 yards (300 over 2 games), Austin and Bryant 160 yards, Brandon Marshall 100 yards, Stevie Johnson over 80 yards, Cruz 165. Those were the only above average WR's with average QB's they faced.
Obviously he's very good, but not the greatest corner ever like he is being branded.
If they tradedd him they could get a #1 +++ in draft.

They need a RT too.
i dont think hes the best CB in nfl but he is definitally a s**t down CB

jets have no pass rush unlike 49ers and still dominATES

that being said he shouldnt keep holding out especially after he just got a new contract and his play didnt exactly go up dramatically
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Overrated.

cant tell if you're serious..

The guy is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

New York hype. He's good but if he played in Jacksonville or Buffalo we'd never hear about him.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/03/no-5-darrelle-revis-cb-new-york-jets/

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

NYJ rank #1 against the #1 recievers, and #2 against the #2 recievers. Allowing only 58 yards per game against opposing #1 recievers is pretty damn good. Theres no way in hell hes overrated.

I wonder how low that number would be if they played better passing teams. Megatron, Andre, Fitz.
I bet that number would be higher if you took out the Luke McCown lead Jaguars game. Just looking over their schedule. Welker and Branch combined for 200 yards (300 over 2 games), Austin and Bryant 160 yards, Brandon Marshall 100 yards, Stevie Johnson over 80 yards, Cruz 165. Those were the only above average WR's with average QB's they faced.
Obviously he's very good, but not the greatest corner ever like he is being branded.

Revis is definitely not overrated. He's the best CB in the game. If he isn't, I'd like to hear who is.
Eh I wouldnt trade for him, you think his hold out stuff would stop with us - nope. He signs contract then he wants out of it. Screw him,

I'd rather have champ Bailey
What do you guys think of our upcoming matchup with the Jets?

Revis on Moss, Cromartie on Crabs?

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Sure....scrub on Davis....LOL

I have a feeling Davis is going to shatter the records.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont think hes the best CB in nfl but he is definitally a s**t down CB

jets have no pass rush unlike 49ers and still dominATES

that being said he shouldnt keep holding out especially after he just got a new contract and his play didnt exactly go up dramatically
LOL wth? whos better than revis at CB??? The dude 26! He's gonna be one of the best to ever play the game. all i know, is if we had him..we'd have the best defense of ALL time.
Guy is a tremendous corner, likely the best in the league. Still the guy can't just respect a contract, it's ridiculous. It's not like he's on his rookie deal, he renegotiated for this one and he won't honor it. My buddy is a huge Jets fan but we both agree that his ego needs a check. Hopefully Randy can give it to him this season, still remember that one handed grab when he burned him two years ago. Likely going down with some Jets and Niners fans for that game and I hope we ruin them.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Guy is a tremendous corner, likely the best in the league. Still the guy can't just respect a contract, it's ridiculous. It's not like he's on his rookie deal, he renegotiated for this one and he won't honor it. My buddy is a huge Jets fan but we both agree that his ego needs a check. Hopefully Randy can give it to him this season, still remember that one handed grab when he burned him two years ago. Likely going down with some Jets and Niners fans for that game and I hope we ruin them.

Yup.

Its one thing to b***h about outplaying your rookie deal, which in his era was still probably fantastic, but its another thing to sign a second deal and then still b***h about it.

Especially when he is getting paid multi millions to play a game...
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Moss AND Crabs score TD's. Neither pick off Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone