There are 236 users in the forums

Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HeOnlyGets3Years:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
He was a cancer.

He was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team in Philly and they cut ties to him when he was a beast.

Dallas released him when he was a beast.

Why would 2 different teams release a beast player other than his conduct being detrimental to the team aka "cancer" ?

He was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team in Philly and they cut ties to him when he was a beast.

Suspended by Eagles management, not the coach himself. All during a contract dispute.

Dallas released him when he was a beast.

First off, Owens wasn't released, idiot. His contract was not renewed.

Dallas let him walk him after he had a sub par year (by his standards). He only had 1,000 yards(as opposed to his usual 1300-1500), they had young playmakers already in place, and Owens was nearing his middle 30's. It's really not all that strange when a team doesn't renew the contract for an aging and declining WR. The 49ers did the same thing with a feller named Rice.

Dude is a cancer and you are butt hurt about it. Eagles kicked him to the curb and the Cowboys released him after double digits TDs. They didn't offer a one year, or negotiated anything. RELEASED.

Philly tired of his s**t said bye bye even though they almost won a SB with him. How big of a scum bag must TO be when he almost won that city a SB and they kicked him off?

TO is definitely in the top 3 cancers of all time in all sports.
He's bant again, Blizz.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
He's bant again, Blizz.

Do we know it is a he and not a she? Could be a groupie or ex gf?

Lol
Wow, people really still clamoring for TO???

Look, I get the nostalgia he would bring....

But that's really all it seems to be at this point, plus our receiver roster is legitimately good now.

I wish him well, but best not to come to SF. Maybe Jax or Miami will take him.
Originally posted by cciowa:
he certainly was an enabler. when the media stalks you what should you do?? of course go out and do setups in the driveway. brilliant. I may be replying to a banned poster but what the hell, i am easily amused

What would be better? Throwing a profanity-laced tirade? That's what most other athletes would have done.

Owens is good-natured enough to play around with it. But no matter what he does, he can't win.
He was a cancer.

So was Tim McKyer in 1989. The 49ers let him back on the team, won the SB, then traded him in the off-season. He finished his career with 2 rings. What a "cancer."

People also said that about Ricky Watters. I'll bet the 49ers are glad they got rid of him.

As I said before, Philadelphia was going to let Owens back on the team if he apologized to McNabb. He refused, and I can't blame him. McNabb took as many shots at Owens as vice-versa, but Owens is held to a different standard, of course.

Dallas released him when he was a beast. Why would 2 different teams release a beast player other than his conduct being detrimental to the team aka "cancer" ?
Because the media followed him around and stirred up controversy no matter what he did. You know what happened in Dallas? Ed Werder dug until he learned of something Owens had told his offensive coordinator in a private meeting, then twisted his words, and blew it up into a national headline. You look at any player interviews after that happened (and after Owens was released), their anger is towards Werder and the media, not Owens. Owens did exactly what he was supposed to do - he voiced his opinion about the offense in private to his offensive coordinator.

If Owens does whatever invisible "divisive" things in a forest and no media is around to not only film it, but throw it out to 50 different talking heads to give opinions on it, with internet bloggers ranting and raving about it, does it still "divide the team?
[ Edited by BlackOnBlackCrime on Jun 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
It must really must suck to be you; losing so much sleep, breathlessly defending an athlete like TO to your dying day.

Move on, troll. Move on.

Live to troll another day.

Perhaps you can get a 'hero do-over' and not pick Owens, next time. I've heard good things about some cat name Willis... first name Patrick. Perhaps you can re-mold your heroic expectations behind that stud, huh?

Nobody's trolling. Educating the ignorant = / = "trolling."

Personally, I don't have "heroes." I'm my own hero.
Originally posted by BlackOnBlackCrime:
It must really must suck to be you; losing so much sleep, breathlessly defending an athlete like TO to your dying day.

Move on, troll. Move on.

Perhaps you can get a 'hero do-over' and not pick Owens, next time. I've heard good things about some cat name Willis... first name Patrick. Perhaps you can re-mold your heroic expectations behind that stud, huh?

You should have higher expectations.

Move on, troll. Move on.

And go outside more often.

Move on, troll. Move on.

says an Alex defender.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

Move on, troll. Move on.

says an Alex defender.

. You should pay better attention.
He was a cancer.

So was Tim McKyer in 1989. The 49ers let him back on the team, won the SB, then traded him in the off-season. He finished his career with 2 rings. What a "cancer."

People also said that about Ricky Watters. I'll bet the 49ers are glad they got rid of him.

As I said before, Philadelphia was going to let Owens back on the team if he apologized to McNabb. He refused, and I can't blame him. McNabb took as many shots at Owens as vice-versa, but Owens is held to a different standard, of course.

Quote:
Dallas released him when he was a beast. Why would 2 different teams release a beast player other than his conduct being detrimental to the team aka "cancer" ?
Because the media followed him around and stirred up controversy no matter what he did. You know what happened in Dallas? Ed Werder dug until he learned of something Owens had told his offensive coordinator in a private meeting, then twisted his words, and blew it up into a national headline. You look at any player interviews after that happened (and after Owens was released), their anger is towards Werder and the media, not Owens. Owens did exactly what he was supposed to do - he voiced his opinion about the offense in private to his offensive coordinator.

If Owens does whatever invisible "divisive" things in a forest and no media is around to not only film it, but throw it out to 50 different talking heads to give opinions on it, with internet bloggers ranting and raving about it, does it still "divide the team?

I agree that TO news is more than likely exaggerated as most news is. But TO doesnt have many friends right now and I'm pretty confident he can still play in the NFL and could make a roster spot on about any team (some maybe even as a starter). Maybe teams are scared off by "exxagerated news" or maybe the NFL talks and the risk taking teams are done with him.

Cancer is the strongest word to describe TO and that can be debated and has been. But teams arent calling and past behavior has to be a
Factor (to go along with age/injury). I think TO would play for the league minimum considering his financial situation and is worth it on
Many different rosters. But why isn't it happening?

Move on, troll. Move on.

says an Alex defender.

maybe so.....lately it feels like the fellas in Red have all been on that side of the fence.....even Kolohe has turned.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM ]

Move on, troll. Move on.

says an Alex defender.

maybe so.....lately it feels like the fellas in Red have all been on that side of the fence.....even Kolohe has turned.

I don't see it the way that you appear to: "us v. them," "haters v. defenders," etc. Everyone wants better QB play going forward, we just appear to disagree on why what happened in the past happened.

Us vs them. Other side of the fence...that's sad bro. Everyone wants good QB play, some just refuse to hold onto the past. I've posted good stuff, I've criticized, I just don't base my existence on choosing a side.
Share 49ersWebzone