There are 154 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Another move would only shrink their fan base further. Plus didn't that stadium just recently get build? They might not want to just up and leave that. I actually am not 100% sure on that but thought they just built that edward jones dome pretty recently?
Originally posted by BayArea:
Another move would only shrink their fan base further. Plus didn't that stadium just recently get build? They might not want to just up and leave that. I actually am not 100% sure on that but thought they just built that edward jones dome pretty recently?

'95

http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2012/06/st-louis-rams-rumors-team-could.html
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by BayArea:

'95

pretty new for a stadium that IMO looks like s**t
Lost Amongst Harbaughs babble...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8006593/nfl-jim-harbaugh-comments-peyton-manning-ring-true

There once were Rams in Los Angeles. And there could be again.

When the Vikings and the Minnesota state legislature finally agreed on the financing for a new football stadium in downtown Minneapolis, another franchise had to emerge as the most likely to eventually move to Los Angeles. That franchise is the St. Louis Rams.

On Friday, the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission, which operates the Edward Jones Dome, rejected a proposal by the Rams to make improvements to the 17-year-old stadium. The two sides have until June 15 to agree to a deal, otherwise they will go to arbitration. According to the lease, the stadium must be among the top quarter in the NFL -- it is not even close to that -- before the start of the 2015 season or the Rams can break their lease and move.

The sides are far apart on how to finance a renovation to the stadium and on how much work actually needs to be done. The Vikings were able to get their deal done, but only after about a decade of wrangling and after Goodell made it apparent the team probably would move without a new stadium. The Rams and the CVC don't have the luxury of that much time, but the same threat will be on the table.
Only if st Louis gets a new franchise
Georgia - the worst owner in NFL history.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Only if st Louis gets a new franchise

the cardinals....'zona = college state
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'd like LA to get an expansion team if possible. If it has to be an existing team, a team like the Chargers or the Jags. No Raiders or Rams please.
Originally posted by kray28:
I'd like LA to get an expansion team if possible. If it has to be an existing team, a team like the Chargers or the Jags. No Raiders or Rams please.

The Rams (and Chargers) would be the two teams that would have the least impact on the league if they were to move. You move Jacksonville, you've got to readjust some divisions.

Honestly, the Rams never should have moved in the first place.

Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by kray28:

The Rams (and Chargers) would be the two teams that would have the least impact on the league if they were to move. You move Jacksonville, you've got to readjust some divisions.

Honestly, the Rams never should have moved in the first place.

NFCW - NFCW - AFCS

1) Stan Kroenke moves the Rams back to LA and new Farmers Field

2) Shahid Khan moves the Jags to St. Louis (Florida doesn't need 3 teams, Jacksonville = Falcons territory)

3) Khan and Cards owner Bill Bidwill come to monetary agreement to switch team names/histories and divisions

4) Arizona Jaguars move to AFC South (to become Houston's rival)

/thread

Edit: Oh yeah, jrg switches his allegiance to the St. Louis Football Cardinals
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM ]

[/thread]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Georgia - the worst owner in NFL history.

My most enduring memory: she goes down to the sideline to party with the team and celebrate their win.... with two minutes left in the first half?!! Niners end up coming back from three TD's down to win the game 30-27. (this was the game where John Taylor took slants for TD's of over 90 yards TWICE!)
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by MILFS:
I live in LA and I absolutely oppose this idea. I'd rather see the chargers or the f**king stupid ass raiders here than the piece of s**t rams.

Think about it.

You'd get to go to a 49er game once a year.

You'd probably get that no matter what team comes to LA.
Share 49ersWebzone