There are 206 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..

I actually managed to find a copy of that game on-line a few years ago, Its now sitting on my DVD rack. Great game.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..

I actually managed to find a copy of that game on-line a few years ago, Its now sitting on my DVD rack. Great game.

Quick slant ftw.
Originally posted by MILFS:
no thanks. i'd rather not watch the rams play on TV every weekend even if I get to attend a 49ers game once a year.

That's a pretty selfish attitude honestly. You're discounting the fact the 49ers players would get to TRAVEL LESS MILES. If you don't like the Rams game the LA television stations are forced to show, go someplace with Sunday Ticket or find a streaming link of another game online.....welcome to the 21st century!

Frankly, a lot of the arguments I've read against the Rams moving back to LA are short-sighted, bigoted against SoCal (do you really think NFL players who are from all over the country really CARE about the NorCal-SoCal enmity? most of them aren't even from Cali!) and are just plain silly, often ignoring the obvious benefit for the 49ers themselves, in addition to their fans in SoCal.

Do any of you remember when the Niners had the Saints, Falcons and Panthers in their division? Remember when the team almost always had the most travel miles and road games starting at 10am PST in the league? Thank God for realignment and the two Arizona games 'cos last decade (especially around '04-'05) I'm sure the Niners would have had at least 2 winless seasons!
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 13, 2012 at 2:23 AM ]
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,628
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by MILFS:
no thanks. i'd rather not watch the rams play on TV every weekend even if I get to attend a 49ers game once a year.

That's a pretty selfish attitude honestly. You're discounting the fact the 49ers players would get to TRAVEL LESS MILES. If you don't like the Rams game the LA television stations are forced to show, go someplace with Sunday Ticket or find a streaming link of another game online.....welcome to the 21st century!

Frankly, a lot of the arguments I've read against the Rams moving back to LA are short-sighted, bigoted against SoCal (do you really think NFL players who are from all over the country really CARE about the NorCal-SoCal enmity? most of them aren't even from Cali!) and are just plain silly, often ignoring the obvious benefit for the 49ers themselves, in addition to their fans in SoCal.

Do any of you remember when the Niners had the Saints, Falcons and Panthers in their division? Remember when the team almost always had the most travel miles and road games starting at 10am PST in the league? Thank God for realignment and the two Arizona games 'cos last decade (especially around '04-'05) I'm sure the Niners would have had at least 2 winless seasons!
dude chill the f**k out. you are acting like I have the sole power over whether the rams move to LA.

as long as the POS rams don't move to LA, I don't give a f**k what team comes here.
Originally posted by MILFS:
dude chill the f**k out. you are acting like I have the sole power over whether the rams move to LA.

as long as the POS rams don't move to LA, I don't give a f**k what team comes here.

self-defeating point. your argument is invalid....and if, as you say, you "don't give a f**k" which team comes to LA, well whatever team does come you, as an LA-area resident (I assume,) would still be forced by the local TV stations to watch that team's games.

If, of the 3 reported most likely teams, you don't want the Rams coming, then the next 2 most likely are the Raiders and Chargers.....as a Niners fan in LA neither of these other two teams should be particularly appealing for various reasons, not least of which you wouldn't get a guaranteed game every year in which the 49ers visited LA (maybe annual Chargers preseason game, but come on, we all know that's lame).
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,765
I'd say hell yes.

It saves the 49ers a trip across country. I'm all for that.
Hella 49er fans in LA too.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..

I actually managed to find a copy of that game on-line a few years ago, Its now sitting on my DVD rack. Great game.

Quick slant ftw.

I was at that game. 9 or 10 years old. IIRC we were down by 14 or 17 and made a helluva comeback.

Oh, Jerry was a beast when blocking for JT on those two TDs. That's a part of Jerry's game that seems to have been forgotten by time. One of the greatest blocking WRs ever.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
This rivalry has been lacking since they moved to STL. Bring them back to the NFC "West"
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..

I actually managed to find a copy of that game on-line a few years ago, Its now sitting on my DVD rack. Great game.

Quick slant ftw.

I was at that game. 9 or 10 years old. IIRC we were down by 14 or 17 and made a helluva comeback.

Oh, Jerry was a beast when blocking for JT on those two TDs. That's a part of Jerry's game that seems to have been forgotten by time. One of the greatest blocking WRs ever.

I would have loved to have been at that game. 17 points ahead and got burned, their faces must have been classic.
LOL...

i don't know how to say it................... where's Dana Stubblefield when you need him.
im a born a raised angeleno and since im a die hard 9ers fan, im praying we get an expansion team ... odds are very unlikely of that happening tho
Hell no! I don't want the Niner's games to be blacked out because stupid bandwagon fans here in LA not buying tickets.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Hell no! I don't want the Niner's games to be blacked out because stupid bandwagon fans here in LA not buying tickets.

Well I got news for you, when the Rams were in LA, they'd only sell out one or two games each season. Guess who one of the teams were.