There are 196 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Suggs out for 2012 with torn Achilles

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Give me a break. When we had Lawson, everyone said it was he who was excellent at defending the run and Haralson sucked at it. Now that Lawson is gone, Haralson is all-of-a-sudden a great run stopper.

Haralson is nothing special in either department.

Give yourself a break.

Lawson and Haralson were both adept at setting the edge when they were both starters. I really don't give a s**t what anyone else had to say about it. When you are a starter on a defense that was as successful defending the run as ours were you have to give credit to all 11 guys, because you cannot be a great run defense if all 11 guys are not doing there job efficiently.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by sfout:
He was one of them because of us easing our #7 overall pick into the game, now that guy is ready to play on an every down basis, Haralson sounds expendable at $2.5Million when he is expected to see the field on 3rd down only if not less then that. He'll need to rework his deal, we didn't draft 2 day 2 talent OLBs for no reason last week. Haralson faces an uphill battle, he has only the slightest of edges over Cam Johnson to make the final 53.

Haralson is one of 3 outside linebackers with any game experience on our roster. He is excellent defending the run and can rush the passer. He isn't going anywhere.

Give me a break. When we had Lawson, everyone said it was he who was excellent at defending the run and Haralson sucked at it. Now that Lawson is gone, Haralson is all-of-a-sudden a great run stopper.

Complete waste of a roster spot.

Complete waste of a post. Not everyone on the team can be an all pro, all good teams need guys like Haralson. Its a damn shame when 49er fans do not appreciate players who sold out for the team and helped them succeed just because they are not elite.
Originally posted by sfout:
He was one of them because of us easing our #7 overall pick into the game, now that guy is ready to play on an every down basis, Haralson sounds expendable at $2.5Million when he is expected to see the field on 3rd down only if not less then that. He'll need to rework his deal, we didn't draft 2 day 2 talent OLBs for no reason last week. Haralson faces an uphill battle, he has only the slightest of edges over Cam Johnson to make the final 53.

Haralson is one of 3 outside linebackers with any game experience on our roster. He is excellent defending the run and can rush the passer. He isn't going anywhere.

Complete waste of a roster spot.

Complete waste of a post. Not everyone on the team can be an all pro, all good teams need guys like Haralson. Its a damn shame when 49er fans do not appreciate players who sold out for the team and helped them succeed just because they are not elite.

He had 2 sacks last year. 2. As an OLB playing on the same side as arguably the best 3-4 DE in the league. All Cam Johnson has to do is have a pulse in training camp to be better than haralson.

2 sacks!! He can kick rocks
He had 2 sacks last year. 2. As an OLB playing on the same side as arguably the best 3-4 DE in the league. All Cam Johnson has to do is have a pulse in training camp to be better than haralson.

He did a fine job holding the point on 1st and 2nd down, which is not something that is very easy for a rookie to come in and do, which is why Aldon Smith was kept off of the field in favor of Haralson in those situations. Clay Matthews only had 6 sacks playing all 3 downs all year as a designated pass rusher last year. Does that make him a bad linebacker? Does the fact that Alex Smith threw only 17 touchdowns last year make him a bad QB?
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM ]

He did a fine job holding the point on 1st and 2nd down, which is not something that is very easy for a rookie to come in and do, which is why Aldon Smith was kept off of the field in favor of Haralson in those situations. Clay Matthews only had 6 sacks playing all 3 downs all year as a designated pass rusher last year. Does that make him a bad linebacker? Does the fact that Alex Smith threw only 17 touchdowns last year make him a bad QB?

He didn't do s**t. The only reason he sniffed the field was because of the lockout. Aldon Smith had even less time of converting from DE to OLB. Do you really think haralsons play is what kept him on the field? The defense was a completely different monster with Aldon. Aldon is our starting OLB from here on out and that leaves backup spots. I would rather have a guy with tons of potential then on a guy who has shown to be completely trash.

And LOL at trying to compare clay to parys. GB Had one of the worst defenses in the league. And yea clay probably had a down year. But he's shown to be on of the better olbs. Parys played with the best front 7 in football and all he put up was 2 sacks. And as for Alex, not a bad qb but 17 tds is mediocre
sucks for suggs. Smith should've won the DPOY IMO
He didn't do s**t. The only reason he sniffed the field was because of the lockout. Aldon Smith had even less time of converting from DE to OLB. Do you really think haralsons play is what kept him on the field? The defense was a completely different monster with Aldon. Aldon is our starting OLB from here on out and that leaves backup spots. I would rather have a guy with tons of potential then on a guy who has shown to be completely trash.

And LOL at trying to compare clay to parys. GB Had one of the worst defenses in the league. And yea clay probably had a down year. But he's shown to be on of the better olbs. Parys played with the best front 7 in football and all he put up was 2 sacks. And as for Alex, not a bad qb but 17 tds is mediocre

1 year ago the Packers were one of the best defenses in the NFL.

You don't know football, this is obvious. Go away now.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Considering that was the year he ran for 2000 yards, I'd imagine there are plenty of players that he played against that have similar still shots....

Its not like thats Terry Kirby.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM ]

I was @ this game

1 year ago the Packers were one of the best defenses in the NFL.

You don't know football, this is obvious. Go away now.

Lol you fail so bad
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Considering that was the year he ran for 2000 yards, I'd imagine there are plenty of players that he played against that have similar still shots....

Its not like thats Terry Kirby.

Except this was the one play where we needed to contain him to win the game.
Lol you fail so bad

Haralson is a good player
Lol you fail so bad

Hey, mediocrity is your thing I get it
Lol you fail so bad