There are 411 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

John Harbaugh: Patriots' titles have asterisks, are stained

I agree with John the Pats titles are stained because of the spygate. The genious Belicheat has not won a super bowl after they stopped taping team practices.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes the Spygate scandal permanently taints the Patriots, saying the three titles the team won under coach Bill Belichick have to be called into question because the team broke NFL rules by taping opposing coaches' signals.

In an interview on Baltimore radio station 97.9 FM, Harbaugh was asked about the Saints bounty scandal. But instead of talking about the Saints, Harbaugh focused his answer on the Patriots.

"In the end, everything is brought before the light of day," Harbaugh said. "Even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now, it's been stained. So to me, it's never worth it. You've got to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/john-harbaugh-patriots-titles-have-asterisks-are-stained/
I have no problem at all with what he said, because it doesn't matter if it had no impact, those championships will always be looked at in a negative light. Bruschi and the Boston homers can shove it.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on May 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM ]
Greg Papa of 95.7 the Game HATES this, says Harbaugh should STFU! Go back to Los Angeles, Raider-lover....
I love the Pats, you know other teams did it, they just happened to get caught
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Greg Papa of 95.7 the Game HATES this, says Harbaugh should STFU! Go back to Los Angeles, Raider-lover....

Greg Papa is an idiot.

Did they fire him from Chronicle live I never see him on that show anymore ?
All he said that is that those superbowl wins the Pats got have a little less meaning now. Didn't read anywhere where he said they haven't won one since.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.
Originally posted by Joecool:
All he said that is that those superbowl wins the Pats got have a little less meaning now. Didn't read anywhere where he said they haven't won one since.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

some things you dont have to say. TO SAY

greg papa is an idiot.
[ Edited by niner4ever12 on May 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM ]
talking bout taking comments out of context just for a headline. crap story
What kind of illogical BS is that? How can an action's impact or lack thereof be non relevant in tainting an accomplishment?

If it had no impact then the accomplishment is not tainted at all.
If it had an impact then it did taint it.

You can't have it both ways and be noncommittal on whether there was an impact yet state it does automatically taint the accomplishment.

I happen to believe it had zero impact, thus I don't view their accomplishment as tainted at all. They won 3 of 4 Super Bowls and dominated the league. If the other 31 teams need to cling to something to allow themselves to believe that is not exactly what happened then so be it.

49er fans should be especially aware of this. Do you even grasp that there was a large argument that the Niners did NOT dominate the 80's because they cheated
Originally posted by danimal:
What kind of illogical BS is that? How can an action's impact or lack thereof be non relevant in tainting an accomplishment?

You can't have it both ways and be noncommittal on whether there was an impact yet state it does automatically taint the accomplishment.

I happen to believe it had zero impact, thus I don't view their accomplishment as tainted at all. They won 3 of 4 Super Bowls and dominated the league. If the other 31 teams need to cling to something to allow themselves to believe that is not exactly what happened then so be it.

49er fans should be especially aware of this. Do you even grasp that there was a large argument that the Niners did NOT dominate the 80's because they cheated

I dont think thats his point. I think his point was, we will never really know how much of an impact cheating had. There is no way to know. What we do know is they haven't won the SB since, which credits the idea it did have some impact.

Thus, sure they are the SB winners, but its tainted.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by danimal:

I dont think thats his point. I think his point was, we will never really know how much of an impact cheating had. There is no way to know. What we do know is they haven't won the SB since, which credits the idea it did have some impact.

Thus, sure they are the SB winners, but its tainted.

I don't accept the shroud of not knowing. I think ALL NFL coaches understand the advantages this would have given. How can they not? Anyone who thinks it gave the Pats an unfair advantage, then I can accept that....agree to disagree. But I don't respect an NFL coach who is non committal and plays up the doubt aspect. That tells me they know there was no real advantage gained and thus just uses the doubt to taint the rival

From day 1 of this report I immediately posted this would not have helped the Pats at all because of jargon, rotating signals, deceptive signals and code. But as always, non events to me are Big News that is talked about for years for most others
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think it taints their victories as well. It may have had an impact. If it could be proven that it had an impact, they would have stripped New England of the trophies.
Greg Papa is a raider fan.

I agree with John.

The Harbros. are some bad dudes.