There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm watching the Rams CLOSELY

Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Bradford is a very good QB and is loaded with potential. He showed more in his rookie year than Alex could have dreamed of his first year in the NFL.

That didn't mean much as Smith's second year was better than Bradford's.

Let's pick this debate back up in 7 years.....
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
As long as Bradford is their QB they will suck

ur trippin dude. He had a bad season last year but he's definitely got the potential to be a superstar.

he'll never stay healthy enough to be a superstar
hes overrated , he had an average year for a rookie qb and a crappy year last year
i bet he doesnt play more than 9 games this year
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
As long as Bradford is their QB they will suck

ur trippin dude. He had a bad season last year but he's definitely got the potential to be a superstar.

hes overrated , he had an average year for a rookie qb and a crappy year last year

he didnt really play last year....but I agree he will be an injury guy for years
  • mike
  • Veteran

If he does play a full season this year he'll have had less injuries than alex in his first 3 years, and certainly way better stats lol.

3500 yds/18 TDs and more TDs than ints is a damn good rookie year.

Also, people assume that because alex finally had a full 16 game season he can do that again. He missed 5 games the previous two seasons(i know some were when he was on the bench but still). If people want to say Sam won't be a superstar because of injuries the same can definitely be said about Alex.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:

If he does play a full season this year he'll have had less injuries than alex in his first 3 years, and certainly way better stats lol.

3500 yds/18 TDs and more TDs than ints is a damn good rookie year.

Also, people assume that because alex finally had a full 16 game season he can do that again. He missed 5 games the previous two seasons(i know some were when he was on the bench but still). If people want to say Sam won't be a superstar because of injuries the same can definitely be said about Alex.

Alex smith is already a superstar
[ Edited by ImaMod on May 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM ]
The Rams have quietly amassed a very talented group of possession WR's.

Steve Smith, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas and Danny Amendola.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Smith and Amendola are coming off major knee surgeries, Salas and Pettis really don't scare me much at all. Bradford is pretty solid but nothing special yet. Of course he has the potential to be great but I havent seen enough yet
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Smith and Amendola are coming off major knee surgeries, Salas and Pettis really don't scare me much at all. Bradford is pretty solid but nothing special yet. Of course he has the potential to be great but I havent seen enough yet

Amendola broke his arm. Not his knee.
[ Edited by mike on May 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM ]

Even so, Bradford played poorly his last 6 games his rookie season and was a disappointment his 2nd year. I do think he has potential to be great but I havent seen it yet and not sure why he automatically gets anointed a legit franchise QB

Even so, Bradford played poorly his last 6 games his rookie season and was a disappointment his 2nd year. I do think he has potential to be great but I havent seen it yet and not sure why he automatically gets anointed a legit franchise QB

The thing that worries me about the Rams is that they looked exceptionally bad because of Josh McDaniels coaching Sam Bradford. They did pretty well the season before, and now that they have Jeff Fisher and some new receivers, they should look pretty good, though they lost Brandon Lloyd. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out. I think they'll be better than one other team in the NFC West, maybe win 7-9 games.

I think the Cardinals still have a lot of issues on their line. They are getting Ryan Williams back, which may make them look better than last year. I think that Adrian Wilson will fall off even more this year. Teams with star tight ends can abuse the Cardinals defense. Seattle...not sure, their fortunes are riding on their QB play. They have a better defense than Arizona or St. Louis. Marshawn is a pretty good running back but their receivers kind of blow. They are getting Sidney Rice back, so we'll see what happens there.

They also added Brian Quick and Chris Givens

From what I've seen from Salas, he is terrible.

When was the last time Steve Smith was on the field?

I have respect for Amendola though.
Originally posted by Psinex:

The thing that worries me about the Rams is that they looked exceptionally bad because of Josh McDaniels coaching Sam Bradford. They did pretty well the season before, and now that they have Jeff Fisher and some new receivers, they should look pretty good, though they lost Brandon Lloyd. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out. I think they'll be better than one other team in the NFC West, maybe win 7-9 games.

I think the Cardinals still have a lot of issues on their line. They are getting Ryan Williams back, which may make them look better than last year. I think that Adrian Wilson will fall off even more this year. Teams with star tight ends can abuse the Cardinals defense. Seattle...not sure, their fortunes are riding on their QB play. They have a better defense than Arizona or St. Louis. Marshawn is a pretty good running back but their receivers kind of blow. They are getting Sidney Rice back, so we'll see what happens there.

No doubt the NFC West has improved. Every other team besides us has MAJOR question marks at QB. Can Bradford stay healthy AND improve? How good will Kolb be? How will Matt Flynn do when thrust in to a full time starter role?

Alex Smith is not the best QB or even close to it, but we know we have a guy who won't make big mistakes, can make the big play when needed, and now is in the 2nd year of the Harbaugh/Roman offense and we have upgraded the WR position very nicely.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I believe Fisher is gonna be a problem in our division. Dont sleep!

Agreed, coaching make s a difference, look at our Niners..NFC West, no longer anyone's door mat, not one team I believe..
not worried about Lambs

Bradford will get hurt again.