There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm watching the Rams CLOSELY

They've made some very interesting choices lately. Ultimately, history will judge them by comparing Bradford and Griffin. For my money, Bradford kind of sucks, but we'll see.

Having made the decision to stick with Bradford, the Rams are starting to look stacked with young talent that has a good chance of panning out. Getting Jenkins and Johnson at CB in this draft was a coup. Getting Quick and Givens completely rebuilds their WR squad, as both will likely be called on right away and give Bradford a big target and a deep threat to go with Amendola, the shifty possession guy. I don't know much about Pead, but sinking a 2nd round pick into an RB was another bold move to take some heat off of Jackson, one of the NFL's busiest workhorses.

Oh, and did I mention they will probably have two Top-15 picks in each of the next TWO drafts? Thankfully, I think the 49ers will continue to own them because we will obliterate their O-Line and make Bradford look terrible, but the Rams are MUCH scarier to me long-term than the Seahawks or Cardinals.
Their draft looks very strong on paper. The fact that they have two 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014, in addition to a huge draft haul this year, gives them a golden opportunity to rebuild the team very quickly. I actually think they have a brighter future than the Cards or Hawks. Bradford > Kolb & Flynn, IMO.

Many of these picks are boom or bust though. Brockers is a talented run defender, but is very raw in other areas. Quick is talented but is making the leap from division I-AA. Jenkins is a character risk, is he dependable? Same goes for Trumaine Johnson. With so many picks they are bound to hit on some, if not all these picks. Time will tell.
yeah and they added courtland finnegan, an older but veteran corner to that secondary. Rams will surprise some people this year.
Originally posted by denali22:
yeah and they added courtland finnegan, an older but veteran corner to that secondary. Rams will surprise some people this year.

Well, as you can see here the Rams literally gave up more QB hits on the offensive line than any team other than the Seahawks. And they have done next to nothing to address this problem. I don't know if they have what it takes to surprise people THIS year because Bradford has looked flustered at times and he's gonna get beat up again (especially by us).

But damn they are starting to accumulate some talent. Heck, in next year's draft they could go OT, OT, OG within the first 40 picks. And the new CBs and WRs will have a year under their belts. Then this team could be well on it's way.
as long as sam bradford is their qb im not worried
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Well, as you can see here the Rams literally gave up more QB hits on the offensive line than any team other than the Seahawks. And they have done next to nothing to address this problem. I don't know if they have what it takes to surprise people THIS year because Bradford has looked flustered at times and he's gonna get beat up again (especially by us).

But damn they are starting to accumulate some talent. Heck, in next year's draft they could go OT, OT, OG within the first 40 picks. And the new CBs and WRs will have a year under their belts. Then this team could be well on it's way.

Very true. I don't think they can contend for the division this year because the o-line is awful, and they did nothing to improve in that area. The LB core is also incredibly thin, which leads me to believe they will be a bad tackling team. There are reports that Quick and Givens are the favorites to start at receiver, so there will be growing pains. Talented team, but they need a couple years.

Switching to the Cardinals for a second, I'm shocked that people are so high on their draft class. I don't care how many WR's they get. Until they fix the o-line and pass rush they are stuck in neutral. They seem content on adding mediocre talent to the o-line, and the results have not been pretty.
The more the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams fail to upgrade their offensive lines, the better chance Aldon Smith has of getting 23 sacks.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The more the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams fail to upgrade their offensive lines, the better chance Aldon Smith has of getting 23 sacks.

I love it!!!! Go for the sack record Aldon.
those f**kers were picking every time I looked up?? What'd they have, like 20 picks?
I believe Fisher is gonna be a problem in our division. Dont sleep!
I believe Fisher is gonna be a problem in our division. Dont sleep!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
those f**kers were picking every time I looked up?? What'd they have, like 20 picks?

half of that, they had 10
As long as Bradford is their QB they will suck
Good post.

I'm a believer that the war is won n the trenches and failing to upgrae their Oline will really hurt them this year.

Agreew/ your premise that they had a very good dreaft and have loaded up real well. The fly in te ointment is their selections ave to pan out.

Right now, on paper - they are an improved football team.
Originally posted by valrod33:
As long as Bradford is their QB they will suck

ur trippin dude. He had a bad season last year but he's definitely got the potential to be a superstar.