There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Warren Sapp BANKRUPT

Likely getting fired too
Many people are scared and too proud to go into Bankruptcy.

Granted, Warren will probably never be as rich as he once was, but he'll still have more than enough.

A buddy of mine filed awhile back. Saved up for seven years, back on top with no debt.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Many people are scared and too proud to go into Bankruptcy.

Granted, Warren will probably never be as rich as he once was, but he'll still have more than enough.

A buddy of mine filed awhile back. Saved up for seven years, back on top with no debt.

doesn't bankruptcy affect one's record for 10 years now?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Many people are scared and too proud to go into Bankruptcy.

Granted, Warren will probably never be as rich as he once was, but he'll still have more than enough.

A buddy of mine filed awhile back. Saved up for seven years, back on top with no debt.

doesn't bankruptcy affect one's record for 10 years now?


Yeah, that rule came into play only a couple of years ago. Still doe..



fu*ck Warren Sapp. He, Micheal Irvin and Deion are the reasons why I HATE NFL network.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Yeah, that rule came into play only a couple of years ago. Still doe..



fu*ck Warren Sapp. He, Micheal Irvin and Deion are the reasons why I HATE NFL network.

Three of my least favourite players ever.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Yeah, that rule came into play only a couple of years ago. Still doe..



fu*ck Warren Sapp. He, Micheal Irvin and Deion are the reasons why I HATE NFL network.

Three of my least favourite players ever.

Don't forget Jaime Dukes.
Warren Sapp was interviewed years ago and asked if he regretted hurting Jerry Rice. He stated the only thing he regrets was not ending his career.

Cant stand the dude. Dont like him on TV, will not forgive what he said. I think it is laughable he stood up and voiced his harsh opinion (though I agree with him) on Gregg Williams when he said that about ending Rice's career. The interview was with Jordan, Tiger, etc. on HBO I believe.

I hope he goes broke for life and loses his job.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,668
I remember the 1995 Orange Bowl where Sapp got up, ran around and beat his chest like Tarzan after every Nebraska running play Miami snuffed. I remember thinking, "That idiot is wasting a lot of energy." By the 4th quarter he was getting run over on running plays and could not get close to the quarterback. I can understand people getting joy out of his financial problems, the guy is a fool.
Is Sapp filing BK?

Bingo.
You guys have serious issues taking pleasure in the fact that a guy lost all of the money he earned. Its pretty pathetic
I can't stand Warren sapp. He's dumb, obnoxious, hypocritical, and he ripped up Jerry's knee. Having said that, I find it so puzzling why people take such pleasure when athletes go bankrupt. Are people so blinded with jealousy that they can't understand athletes get paid what the market will bear? Remember, they're not just employees, they are also the product. They have a rare and in demand skill that we all obsess over, yet people whine as if somehow THEY deserve that money. Many athletes come from a poor often one parent background where they never see an example of how to manage finances. All of their lives they have NOTHING, and now they have everything. Their fate is not surprising. Do I feel sorry for them? No. All rookies have resources available to them to prevent this. I just find it sad how much pleasure people seem to take in the "misfortune" of others. Maybe it's time for you to take stock of your own lives.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,668
Originally posted by CowboyHunter:
I can't stand Warren sapp. He's dumb, obnoxious, hypocritical, and he ripped up Jerry's knee. Having said that, I find it so puzzling why people take such pleasure when athletes go bankrupt. Are people so blinded with jealousy that they can't understand athletes get paid what the market will bear? Remember, they're not just employees, they are also the product. They have a rare and in demand skill that we all obsess over, yet people whine as if somehow THEY deserve that money. Many athletes come from a poor often one parent background where they never see an example of how to manage finances. All of their lives they have NOTHING, and now they have everything. Their fate is not surprising. Do I feel sorry for them? No. All rookies have resources available to them to prevent this. I just find it sad how much pleasure people seem to take in the "misfortune" of others. Maybe it's time for you to take stock of your own lives.
Good for you, you are above most of us that enjoy the misfortune of people we don't like. Warren Sapp injured Jerry Rice when he wrestled him to the ground by his face mask, against the rules and he showed no remorse. That in of itself makes him unlikeable here. If Warren Sapp spent all his money feeding the homeless and was an all around nice guy I am sure people would feel bad for his plight, but he didn't, so we don't.
Originally posted by CowboyHunter:
I can't stand Warren sapp. He's dumb, obnoxious, hypocritical, and he ripped up Jerry's knee. Having said that, I find it so puzzling why people take such pleasure when athletes go bankrupt. Are people so blinded with jealousy that they can't understand athletes get paid what the market will bear? Remember, they're not just employees, they are also the product. They have a rare and in demand skill that we all obsess over, yet people whine as if somehow THEY deserve that money. Many athletes come from a poor often one parent background where they never see an example of how to manage finances. All of their lives they have NOTHING, and now they have everything. Their fate is not surprising. Do I feel sorry for them? No. All rookies have resources available to them to prevent this. I just find it sad how much pleasure people seem to take in the "misfortune" of others. Maybe it's time for you to take stock of your own lives.


Originally posted by DirtyP:
You guys have serious issues taking pleasure in the fact that a guy lost all of the money he earned. Its pretty pathetic

I disagree with both of you. Having briefly checked back through the thread, most of the comments seemed to me to relate to the fact that Sapp is not a particularly nice person, so it would seem, and the fairly natural reaction to his wishing to terminate Jerry Rice's career. There are one or two raised eyebrows about his getting through all that money, and several people appearing to doubt his comments about, for example, the lost ring.

I see very few comments taking pleasure in the lost money as such although a few, as I have said, appear to be viewing the situation as kharma for the Rice injury and subsequent comment.

I have seen over the years a lot of genuinely supportive comments when a sportsman has fallen on hard times, in this place. I think the tone of this thread has nothing whatsoever to do with both of your moans about people taking pleasure from the misfortune of others. I think it is entirely to do with Sapp himself. If you want a supportive attitude to Sapp right now, I would suggest that a 49ers website is fairly obviously not the place to look for it.

Both of you elected to end your post with a brief comment hitting out at other posters in this site. I dont think that the contents of this thread justify either comment.
even if Sipp
The key ingredient some folks who get rich quick don't take into account when they make purchases for themselves or for others/family:

Maintenance Costs.


Those costs will always come and bite you in the ass.