LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Warren Sapp BANKRUPT

Shop 49ers game tickets
My comments are not just in response to this thread. EVERY comment section about a bankrupt athlete reads like this one. And there were plenty of "if I had that money" type comments. That's jealously. I never said anything about supporting sapp. None of you are intellectually honest enough to admit part if what fuels your comments is the fact that you wish YOU had a shot at that money. As if the money was gifted to the athlete. They're is no more physically demanding "job" in the world.
Originally posted by CowboyHunter:
My comments are not just in response to this thread. EVERY comment section about a bankrupt athlete reads like this one. And there were plenty of "if I had that money" type comments. That's jealously. I never said anything about supporting sapp. None of you are intellectually honest enough to admit part if what fuels your comments is the fact that you wish YOU had a shot at that money. As if the money was gifted to the athlete. They're is no more physically demanding "job" in the world.

Dude....

Jerry took a Sapp to the knee during the Steve Young era.
Originally posted by CowboyHunter:

Your opinion is noted. Your comments about the rest of the board being intellectually dishonest are baloney. We have an opinion which is different to yours. The justification for this opinion has been made by more than one poster.

In future please restrict your comments to the subject and stop swiping at your fellow posters.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by walker807:
It's from TMZ dude.. s**t's fake...

So you think everything from TMZ is fake. Come back and eat crow when this gets picked up by other outlets.

You think TMZ is as reliable as it makes itself out to be? Gullible much? lol

hate these types of posts... you dont even look into it at all and try to downgrade somebodys elses post to look "cool" to everyone else like you know something and bringing down another poster lol
  • mod
  • Veteran
King English layin it down!
  • titan
  • Veteran
^tTheres no more physically demanding job in the world than Football Player. LMAO
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

So you think everything from TMZ is fake. Come back and eat crow when this gets picked up by other outlets.

hate these types of posts... you dont even look into it at all and try to downgrade somebodys elses post to look "cool" to everyone else like you know something and bringing down another poster lol

how did defender burn his tongue? he drank coffee before it was cool

and yes I stole that joke from aman lol
Well, he can hope he gets paid as much per word at some other job...
Originally posted by titan:
^tTheres no more physically demanding job in the world than Football Player. LMAO

ya. tell that to the guys in the Bering sea or some of those Texas rough necks.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

I was bringing down the article not the poster. hate these types of posts. the one's where you assume my intentions lol

That sucks for him big time
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoeMontana:

Yup. If "physically demanding" were the criteria, those guys crabbing in the Bering Sea would be making millions of dollars a year. If "risk to life and limb" were the criteria, firemen, policemen, and coal miners would all be making millions of dollars a year.

Professional football players work hard and take incredible risks, but financially they're much more like lottery winners than wage earners. And like lottery winners, most have little or no experience with handling large amounts of money. And, again, like lottery winners, many of them end up squandering their fortunes. The number of pro athletes who end up broke within a few years of leaving the sport is shockingly high. Warren Sapp's experience is not an aberration; it's surprisingly typical.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/1/index.htm
[ Edited by Lifer on Apr 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]
Sapp's a joke! I had posted a thread last year in the off season where he predicted the 49ers would have the worst record in the league! He has little credibility in my book!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lifer:

Yup. If "physically demanding" were the criteria, those guys crabbing in the Bering Sea would be making millions of dollars a year. If "risk to life and limb" were the criteria, firemen, policemen, and coal miners would all be making millions of dollars a year.

Professional football players work hard and take incredible risks, but financially they're much more like lottery winners than wage earners. And like lottery winners, most have little or no experience with handling large amounts of money. And, again, like lottery winners, many of them end up squandering their fortunes. The number of pro athletes who end up broke within a few years of leaving the sport is shockingly high. Warren Sapp's experience is not an aberration; it's surprisingly typical.

Pick like 80% of Dirty Job! But firefighter, police, special ops, or even farmers.
Originally posted by Lifer:

Pick like 80% of Dirty Job! But firefighter, police, special ops, or even farmers.

They bring in the money so they get paid. Thats how this country works. Teachers and people that risk their lives for us are underpaid while people like Jamarcus Russell get paid to do nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone