LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

The saints bounty system was quite ineffective huh?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I thought it was kind of laughable about all this pay for performance stuff that the saints did and yet they could only manage a 24th total defense ranking... . Thats what you have to really love about our team. We don't need extra incentives (that we know about anyhow) to get the job done. We got a fiery coach and a great supporting cast of teachers and great team chemistry to get the job done. They take the paychecks that they signed up for and knock you the heck out the legal way on the field. Go niners!
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM ]
FVCK THE FVCK BOI SAINTS
[ Edited by English on Apr 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM ]
i didnt see any saints go after crabtree's knee
  • Ether
  • Veteran
It worked in 2009 when they took out Brett Favre's knee en route to their Super Bowl win. It wasn't only going on this season, you know.
Originally posted by Ether:
It worked in 2009 when they took out Brett Favre's knee en route to their Super Bowl win. It wasn't only going on this season, you know.

Wasn't much of a long term fixture then.
The only thing the Saint's bounty system did is motivate our Defense to really go after them in our game this season. BRAVO! BRAVO!

Drew Brees will be lucky to come out of that game unscathed.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM ]
i think maybe one thing that we might be losing sight of is that MAYBE THE VASST MAJORITY OF SAINTS PLAYERS WERE NOT DOWN WITH THE WHOLE BOUNTY PROGRAM!!! i really didnt see saints players going after 9ers the way greg specifically directed them to. i'm in no way defending g.williams. i think 99% of his speach was norm for DC's. i really only have issue with a few things personally:

1. telling players to hit a QB in the head. ILLEGAL
2. offering money for the illegal hit. ALSO ILLEGAL
3. targeting crabs ACL
to me those are the only things that are over the line, BUT THEY ARE WAAAAAAAY OVER THE LINE.

everything else is standard issue rip their heads off kind of stuff, IMO. the biggest problem i think the league has is they were crossing the lines yes, and then lying about it while they were warned and being investigated for years.
VERY ineffective,thats cuz the biatche$ suck!!!we showed em how to really play D.ask P.Thomas what it felt like.

All that rhetoric that assclown talkd bout,saying we would be shocked by this n that.i jus laughed!!his big titty a$$ was shocked by Vernons speed.EVERYBODY he named,alex,vd,frank,crabs,k.williams,busted his D's a$$.
Brees, Come on over to the Niners now bc the Saints are a joke now
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Brees, Come on over to the Niners now bc the Saints are a joke now

a man can dream..........................

i think their players were so focused on hurting the opposing players that they made alot of mistakes and missed alot of plays
karma's a f**king b***h. f**k you saints you f**kers

fake and ghey
I think that bounty b******t hurt them more than it helped them. Guys were clearly going for the kill-shot, trying to blow people out instead of wrapping up and tackling properly and it hurt them against the 49ers and against the Seattle in the previous year. Roman Harper was running around like a missile with a f**ked up guidance system, just randomly crashing into any thing wearing an opposing jersey, hitting guards, tackles, running backs, tight-ends, not being productive most of the time. It was their over-aggressiveness on defense that opened up the field for Alex, VD and the rest, so in a way, the bounty thing really benefited them.
It's funny as the Saints fans think since they didn't benefit from the bounty they shouldn't be fined, suspended, docked draft picks, etc...
Share 49ersWebzone