There are 228 users in the forums

Which NFC West defensive starters would start on our defense?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
^^^ whoever wrote that is a f**king moron

This
To say he's a backup at best is ridiculous. He's arguably a top 5 safety.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
This

what exactly makes you think he is a top 5 safety? ints dont make a great safety. and the probowl is a popularity contest. like i said i think he is better suited to the ss poisition, but he gives up big plays and is a major reason our pass defense wasnt as good as it could have been
He is most definately a top 5 SS in this league right now. FS not so much. He has really kinda been forced into the FS position because all our stop gaps at S have come in the form of other SS's. Get a real FS out there and the secondary would be as dominate as the front seven.
Originally posted by mjo116:
This

what exactly makes you think he is a top 5 safety? ints dont make a great safety. and the probowl is a popularity contest. like i said i think he is better suited to the ss poisition, but he gives up big plays and is a major reason our pass defense wasnt as good as it could have been

He's the major reason why our pass defense was that good. our front 7 allowed him to roam and he made numerous game-changing plays. And INT's don't make a great safety? Then what the hell does. Everybody gets all wet over Ed Reed when all he does is make INTs. And if you want to look at numbers from last year Goldson s**t on Reed who played 16 games
This

He's the major reason why our pass defense was that good. our front 7 allowed him to roam and he made numerous game-changing plays. And INT's don't make a great safety? Then what the hell does. Everybody gets all wet over Ed Reed when all he does is make INTs. And if you want to look at numbers from last year Goldson s**t on Reed who played 16 games

I really hope youre not saying Goldson is better than Reed. Goldson had more interceptions but he also gave up more big plays and TD's.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
This

I really hope youre not saying Goldson is better than Reed. Goldson had more interceptions but he also gave up more big plays and TD's.

No no no I'm saying that Goldson is lot better than the backup that this f**ktard makes him out to be
Earl Thomas > Goldson as a FS, it's really not that close of a competition.

Two years ago we didnt have a consistent pass rush and Goldson couldn't even find a free agent contract. Last year Seattle had no pass rush and Thomas still made it known he was one of the best safeties in the league, put him on our D and off the top of my head I know of at least 3 TD's that would of never happened where Goldson took bad angles and couldnt provide support in time. Thomas's range and speed are tops in the league, hell he almost tracked down Ginn on the return TD even after getting blocked by his own guy. I hate the seahawks but gotta give Thomas credit, he will be the next top safety in the league along with Reed (getting old) & Polamalu (getting injured). Berry might be the only other youngster to give him a run at that. Without him, Chancellor would be exposed left and right.
[ Edited by 5280High on Apr 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM ]
Earl Thomas > Whitner
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Id start Earl Thomas over Goldson but Id probably keep Whitner over the other starting strong safeties.

Campbell is a better pass rusher than McDonald but I dont know that Id definitely take him over Ray.

If Chris Long is as good at 3-4 OLB as he is 4-3 DE I'd take him over Brooks.

Id keep Sopoaga over Branch.

I think Brown is better than Browner. Brown has always been solid and Browner went undrafted in 05 and spent 4 years in the CFL. We'll see if he can have another year like he did last year. I think he's gonna be like Mike Williams.

I would definitely trade Brown straight up for Patrick Peterson though, mainly because I think he'll be one of the elite corners in the next couple years.

This

Well, he's definitely not a backup, but he gives up a lot of plays and he's far from a top 5 safety.
Richard Sherman... that is all.

Brockers could probably start at NT.
Red Bryant @ NT ipo of Ice
Chris Long @ DE ipo of McDonald
Chris Clemons @ OLB ipo of Brooks
Richard Sherman @ CB ipo of Rogers
Brandon Browner @ CB ipo of Brown

Now that would be a defense of the century.
still would love to have calais campbell on our Dline.
Share 49ersWebzone