LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Cotchery stay with steelers

Briggs signs 3 year deal with bears

Cowboys possibly looking to deal Felix jones
Lol, If Luck and RG3 had decided to return to school, Ryan Tannehill would probably be taken by Indy first overall.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:
Lol, If Luck and RG3 had decided to return to school, Ryan Tannehill would probably be taken by Indy first overall.

i doubt it
they'd probably trade down or draft Kalil
Originally posted by ImaMod:
i doubt it
they'd probably trade down or draft Kalil

Not if Irsay's being genuine about all his tweets about Tannehill.
Looks like we'll be facing the giants on week 6link
[ Edited by Bryant4everYoung on Apr 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM ]
If you want to predict who will win the election this year, then take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redskins_Rule

Rule states that winner of last Redskins game before election (some say home game) determines if incumbent party stays in office or loses. Redskins win, incumbent party stays. Redskins lose, opposing party takes over.

Panthers play Redskins in Maryland right before the election so that will definitely be the game. Panthers win, Obama loses. Redskins win, he stays in office.

This rule has applied 17 out of the last 18 elections, with the most recent upset being Bush/Kerry 2004.

Still too early to tell.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM ]
It blows my mind that Tampa and Minnesota can't work out a trade to swap their picks. Tampa likely wants the same player as Cleveland (either Claiborne or Richardson) so it would ensure they get the top player on their draft board while Cleveland also obviously wouldn't take Kalil since they have Joe Thomas and then Minnesota could get him at 5 AND pay him a bit less...
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
If you want to predict who will win the election this year, then take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redskins_Rule

Rule states that winner of last Redskins game before election (some say home game) determines if incumbent party stays in office or loses. Redskins win, incumbent party stays. Redskins lose, opposing party takes over.

Panthers play Redskins in Maryland right before the election so that will definitely be the game. Panthers win, Obama loses. Redskins win, he stays in office.

This rule has applied 17 out of the last 18 elections, with the most recent upset being Bush/Kerry 2004.

Still too early to tell.

Seen that before on TV. Very interesting stuff
A good article on the the making of the nfl schedule

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/sports/nfl-schedule-makers-try-their-best-to-please-everybody.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all

Side note: Too many fans think they randomly pick who they play. It's based on a formula. This article talks about how many hundreds of factors go into making it and how hard it is to please everyone. From TV ratings, to teams wanting this and this game, not wanting to play games at a certain time, weather, worrying about religions for holiday purposeless, teams that share parking lots with mlb, etc, etc.

Talks about the Harbaugh's at the end. Sounds like Jim didn't like going across the country for the Thanksgiving game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 22, 2012 at 12:47 AM ]
It blows my mind that Tampa and Minnesota can't work out a trade to swap their picks. Tampa likely wants the same player as Cleveland (either Claiborne or Richardson) so it would ensure they get the top player on their draft board while Cleveland also obviously wouldn't take Kalil since they have Joe Thomas and then Minnesota could get him at 5 AND pay him a bit less...

browns aren't takinf Claiborne they have haden

they are in the perfect place for Richardson

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

CB >>>>> RB

Plus 2 CB start, not just 1.

Look at the top 10 rushers from last year... Many non 1 st rounders
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

CB >>>>> RB

Plus 2 CB start, not just 1.

Look at the top 10 rushers from last year... Many non 1 st rounders

If I were the browns id take Claiborne if he's available. Claiborne and Haden will be scary for years to come
Then draft a RB like Lamar Miller with their early 2nd round pick

Imagine if they end up with Claiborne, Kendall wright, and Lamar Miller. I think that'd be a great draft for them. Curious to see how they do
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7845092/brian-dawkins-retires-football

Brian Dawkins retires. Great player. He had a great career, played hard.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7845092/brian-dawkins-retires-football

Brian Dawkins retires. Great player. He had a great career, played hard.

THIS
Kellen Moore signs with Lions. Glad he got a shot.
Share 49ersWebzone