There are 201 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Colts HC john Pagano announced WR Austin Collir ruptured his patella tendon and is out for the year.

damn Collie.....injured much?

he should just retire that dude is never gonna play a full season
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Colts HC john Pagano announced WR Austin Collir ruptured his patella tendon and is out for the year.

damn Collie.....injured much?

he should just retire that dude is never gonna play a full season

why, people keep paying him lol
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Falcons are hot but they always crumble in the playoffs
Originally posted by toeshawn:

They have improved their defense and now have a running game. They look scary. They will be tough to handle should the 49ers meet them In the play-offs. I know it's only week three but still. They are not the Falcons of the last two or three years.
The NFL is the most ridiculous pro sports league right now, thx to Goodell and his refs...
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by toeshawn:

They have improved their defense and now have a running game. They look scary. They will be tough to handle should the 49ers meet them In the play-offs. I know it's only week three but still. They are not the Falcons of the last two or three years.

What running game?
Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter nflpa exec director de smith to players:
"The decision by the NFL owners to lockout the referees jeopardizes your health and safety. (more)
"This decision to remove over 1,500 years of collective experience has simply made the workplace less safe. (more)
" It is the NFL's duty to provide a workplace that is as safe as possible. (more)
"The League will want fans, the media and sponsors to talk only about 'the product' on the field. We are not product. (more)
"as a family of players is and will remain squarely on workplace safety. (more)
"Contrary to some reports, we are not crossing any picket line. The referees are not on strike. The Owners locked them out. (more)
"We are actively reviewing any and all possible actions to protect you." (end)
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Not really super thread worthy but Jordan Shipley was waived by the Bucs, I know he is coming from a serious knee injury but you have to wonder if this it for him. He looked way promising his rookie year, wonder who will give him a shot again.
Goodell is the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL, hands down. There's actually not even a comparison. He's a f'n idiot!!!

The League has become an embarrassment to professional sports. And it can all be attributed to this joke of a commissioner.

Players should begin calling for his resignation. Fans should also begin demanding he resigns. If our beloved game of football is to remain

just that, and in order for the game to have a successful future, Goodell must be replaced with a commissioner who is competent.
[ Edited by daWest on Sep 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Unfortunately, the only way to make things happen for sure is for us fans to boycott the game. All everybody has to do is just not go and not watch a game this sunday (or even if 1/4 of the people didn't watch or go), this would be fixed immediately. Youngis right though. No matter what happens we still watch so why do they care?

I'd be cool with boycotting if I knew everybody else would, but there's no point when everybody else is still gonna tune in.

Originally posted by Antix:
Unfortunately, the only way to make things happen for sure is for us fans to boycott the game. All everybody has to do is just not go and not watch a game this sunday (or even if 1/4 of the people didn't watch or go), this would be fixed immediately. Youngis right though. No matter what happens we still watch so why do they care?

I'd be cool with boycotting if I knew everybody else would, but there's no point when everybody else is still gonna tune in.

Exactly, here's a quote that's on point from a blog I frequent...

We're all left to wonder how this has an effect on labor talks between the NFL and the "real" refs. I could be quite wrong, but even with an obvious clusterf*ck like this, the only way the process gets expedited is if the league begins seeing dents in the proverbial back pocket. People can moan, groan and b***h all they want, but as long as they're still spending money to go to the games, buying the cable packages and copping merchandise, Goodell and his boys really have no use to rush this process. And if anything else, this is just even more controversy to watch next week. You know, just to see if the replacement refs can screw things up even worse. It's not right, but it is the reality of an ugly, contrived situation.
Originally posted by Antix:

would have been so much easier in the nolan/singletary era........................... why now.
Joe Mays suspended one game and $50k for hit on Matt Schaub (my bad if already posted)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8424475/denver-broncos-vs-houston-texans-one-game-ban-joe-mays-matt-schaub-hit
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Joe Mays suspended one game and $50k for hit on Matt Schaub (my bad if already posted)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8424475/denver-broncos-vs-houston-texans-one-game-ban-joe-mays-matt-schaub-hit

some commenter on PFT said the most logical thing I've read in awhile.

Paraphrasing he said "How can Joe Mays get fined and suspended for roughing the passer but Ryan Mundy only gets fined for putting DHB in the hospital?"

I seriously have to question how the NFL doles out punishment after another badly unequal punishment. Yes Schaub got essentially got head butted and and reportedly had a piece of his ear ripped off but DHB got put in the hospital by an illegal hit. How is May's situation any worse then Mundy's?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

some commenter on PFT said the most logical thing I've read in awhile.

Paraphrasing he said "How can Joe Mays get fined and suspended for roughing the passer but Ryan Mundy only gets fined for putting DHB in the hospital?"

I seriously have to question how the NFL doles out punishment after another badly unequal punishment. Yes Schaub got essentially got head butted and and reportedly had a piece of his ear ripped off but DHB got put in the hospital by an illegal hit. How is May's situation any worse then Mundy's?

It's called Mr. Goodell protecting the QBs and cares nothing for other players health. Goodell is a joke, he isn't consistent.
Share 49ersWebzone